It Was An Accident

Charlotte paced by the living room, Conor sitting by the couch just watching his grilfriend walk from the edge of the room to the other. Carrie had called her a couple of minutes ago, announcing a family meeting.

Isaiah came in the door, his face was red, and the sight of his sister's boyfriend made him frown, meaning their parents are already in the driveway.

Mike and Carrie had been called to the school by the principal, Isaiah, for the first time, got in trouble and punched another student on the face, knocking him out in seconds, only, the student was Conor. Their daughter's boyfriend.

Charlotte's stopped pacing, her heart raced. She didn't know if Isaiah already told their parents and with knowing that it was a possibility why their parent's called for a family meeting almost made her faint in terror.

Isaiah sat by the single couch across his sister, looking down at the floor, fists clenched. He was furious at both, he couldn't even look at his sister without feeling disgust. Isaiah, hasn't told his parents the real reason behind beating Conor up and he didn't know if he was supposed to tell it.

Carrie entered the house, Mike trudging behind her. She held a poker face, though confused when she saw her daughter's boyfriend in their living room. She felt sorry for him though when she saw his bruised face.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything." Mike started, referring to Conor. "But we actually called for a family meeting so I don't see the reason why you're here."

"I'm sorry sir, I just dropped Charlotte off." Conor answered. Standing up from his seat. "I'm going to go now." He quickly said before exiting the house.

"That was really rude." Carrie scolded her husband.

"Jerk totally deserved it." Isaiah mumbled under his breath, catching his parent's attention.

Carrie's actions made it somehow clear that his big brother hadn't told their parent's yet, which made her somehow relieved. "So um, what's the family meeting about?" She asked nervously.

Carrie and Mike settled on the couch in the middle of two where their children were sitting. "We just wanted to know where this attitude is coming from, Isaiah." Carrie said, sternly. "You never get into fights, let alone knock someone out and considering it was your sister's boyfriend." She continued.

"You know that wasn't right and not telling us the reason why doesn't help your position any." Mike piped in. "Do you want to tell us something? Do you have any problems we don't know?"

Isaiah couldn't hold his tears in anymore. One managed to stream down his face though he quickly wiped it, hoping no one saw it.

Charlotte's heart hurt seeing she was the reason why his brother got into trouble and seeing him shed a tear had her conscience eating her. She had never seen his brother cry.

When they got no response from their son, Mike and Carrie turned to Charlotte. "Do you know anything?" Carrie asked, worried as she saw her son wipe away a tear. It makes her want to hug him until all the horrible feelings he had would go away.

Charlotte's face turned pale. She didn't know how to tell her parents. Her heart raced more, if that was still possible, though she remained speechless.

"Okay, so none of you would talk then-"

"Charlotte's pregnant." Isaiah cut his Dad off, closing his eyes as he regained composure before looking up, finding his confident 16-year-old sister, pressing her quivering lips together. Immediately, he wanted to hit himself for spilling the news. Why didn't he just wait for his sister to tell their parents?