Seven Wonders

Mike had just gotten home from a week of an away game, so as what they would usually do, he and Carrie had spent the whole morning cuddling. "I missed you." He said softly, stroking his wife's hair.

Carrie chuckled once, looking up at her husband. "Yeah, you must've said that 9 or 10 times already." She leaned up as she snuck in for a kiss. "And I missed you too." She sat on Mike's stomach, ducking down.

Mike prolonged the kiss, hands relocating on his wife's waist pulling her close to him. "And I missed being with you like this." He whispered before sliding his hands down to Carrie's bottom making her giggle.

"What is up with you and my butt?" Carrie laughed, pulling away and looking at Mike, resting her hands on his shoulders, using them for leverage.

Mike let out a chuckle. "One of the seven wonders." He replied, smirking.

"Um, seven wonders?" Carrie asked puzzled on what her husband is talking about. She had never heard of it before, probably the "Seven Wonders Of The World" but from her husband?

Mike sat up, making Carrie sit on his lap. "Seven wonders..." He started. "Since you asked, let me walk you through the countdown. Number seven." He said placing, once again, his hands on her bottom.

Carrie's eyes widened at the sudden action, cocking her right eyebrow. "Are you being serious right now?" She asked, receiving nod and a chuckle.

"Number six." Mike spoke before eyeing his wife's breasts, thanks to her plunging neckline.

Carrie followed the eyes of her husband. "Oh gosh." She mumbled, giving his husband a 'really?!' Look.

Mike shrugged nonchalantly. "Number five..." He relocated his hands to Carrie's, interlacing their fingers. "These beautiful hands." He smiled, receiving the same gesture from Carrie and squeezing his hands. "Four..." He took one of his hands from Carrie, cupping her face. His thumb grazing softly under her eyes, tracing the outline of it. "These perfect hazel eyes." He gazed at Carrie's eyes for a few more moments before speaking again. "Three..." He tapped once the tip of Carrie's nose. "This one."

Carrie laughed. "You're going from my butt to my nose, really?"

Mike just shook his head chuckling. "Number two..." He spoke again, inching his face closer to Carrie's leaving only a little amount of space; it feeling like their breath was mixing as he spoke again. "These soft lips." He whispered before capturing Carrie's lips in a languid kiss.

This time, Carrie's hands were planted on Mike's abdominal muscles. "And number one is?" She mumbled against Mike's lips.

"Your heart." Mike simply replied. "Your gorgeous heart."

▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□

Charlotte waited at the passenger seat for her brother to open the door for her and help her out, but instead, Isaiah went at the back seat and grabbed his bag, ignoring his sister. "Aren't you going to open the door for me?" Charlotte cocked her eyebrow, teasing her brother. "Come on, be a gentleman sometimes, bro."

Isaiah laughed at his sister's remark. "Will do, ma'am." He responded, opening the door, holding out his hand for his sister to take.

"Good." Charlotte smirked, before raising the volume of her earphones, grabbing her bag before sprinting inside their house.

Isaiah followed behind his sister, goig straight to his room to change clothes before plopping down on his bed, quickly drifting off to sleep, tired from their practice.

On the other hand, the perky 16-year-old teen went straight to her parent's bedroom, as she usually does, to poke fun at her mom. She changed the song playing to one of her mom's, settling on 'Jesus, Take The Wheel' preparing herself to belt out the high notes before opening the door. She waited for the bridge, the perfect timing, before turning the door knob.

"Oh God." Carrie mumbled, pushing Mike off of her, pulling the blankets, covering theirselves as the sight of their daughter standing by the door way, mouth a gaped caught her eye.

"Holy Fuck... I- Sorry, I just, I- Dad, I didn't know you were back! Hi and um, I- bye." Charlotte stuttered before closing back the door. She sprinted towards her room, eyes wide as the picture of her mom and dad popped into her head. "Oh God, gross." She mumbled under her breath, before turning on her speakers, blaring out her favorite songs to somehow divert her attention.

The married couple hurriedly put on their clothes, embarrassed. Carrie knocked on her daughter's room, whilst Mike headed downstairs to start making snacks for their children.

Carrie poked her head inside. "Can I come in?" She asked, her voice a bit louder, considering the loud music blaring on her daughter's bedroom.

Charlotte swallowed hard. "Sure, what's up?" She asked, trying her best to act nonchalant, as if she saw nothing.

Carrie sat by the edge of the bed. "Sorry about earlier." She pressed her lips together.

"Oh that's uh, nothing. I mean, people do that normally." Charlotte frowned. "I mean not all people in general but um, married people and I mean it's not gross or strange at all, because that's how you make babies not that you were making one, oh gosh, you were probably making one and I interferred, i'm so sorry but um, I don't know, I mean, you weren't just, I should just stop talking." Charlotte rambled on, her arms flailing everywhere as she talked, pacing back and forth, something she does whenever she's nervous. "But it's just that-"

"Hey, easy. It's fine and i'm really sorry you had witnessed that." Carrie said, receiving nod. "Dad's probably preparing something downstairs, let's go."

Charlotte linked her arms to her mom. "Your hair's a mess, Ma." She whispered, laughing.