Side To Side (Flash Fic)

"Fuck." Carrie panted, her upper body falling down on top of Mike's, glancing at the clock on the side table that read 4:45 am. "You do realize we have to be up in an hour to get the kids ready for school right?"

Mike chuckled, glancing at the clock once, then looking back up at his wife, whose eyes are almost closing. "Yeah? So why not just be up by then?" He asked suggestively, earning a throaty laugh from Carrie. "That way we can avoid the reluctance of getting up due to the lack of sleep."

"I can barely keep my eyes open." Carrie mumbled, rolling over to her side of the bed, pulling the covers over her bare body.

"I can think of a few things to help you." Mike raised his eyebrows repetitively, moving above her. "Come on." He pulled the sheets down and scooped his wife up in his arms and walked towards their bathroom and into the shower.

"It's too early for a this." Carrie protested,  watching Mike close the door to the shower, jumping when Mike turned on the shower head.

"Sorry." Mike snickered, turning the hot water on. "Come here." He smiled when Carrie walked the short distance towards him and greeted her with a kiss.

"You're crazy." Carrie mumbled against his lips, already feeling his hands roaming freely over her body.

"Crazy for you." Mike winked, kissing her again, this time backing her up against the shower wall and lifting her up.

Carrie instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around the back of his neck, enjoying the sensations of his kisses travelling from her earlobe to her jawline down to her neck.

---

Carrie yawned, descending the stairs, their three kids were already in the shower and Mike is in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

Mike smiled, hearing footsteps coming closer. "The kids up yet?" He was almost done cooking everybody's favorite breakfast, pancakes and waffles.

"Mhmm." Carrie mumbled, wrapping her arms around Mike from his back. "I feel so sore." She pouted, when her husband looked at her over his shoulder.

"And who's fault is that?" Mike teased, turning off the stove and turning around, facing his wife.

"Well, if you weren't so b-"

"Good morning!" Isaiah greeted, sitting on his usual seat on the dining table.

"Morning." Carrie smiled, trying her best not to flinch as she walked towards the dining area, serving his son a plate.

Mike chuckled to himself, noticing the way his wife is walking funny. "Babe, sit down, I'll  handle this." He brought the remaining food from the stove to the table. "Your sisters' not ready yet?"

Isaiah shook his head, digging in to the food.

"Speaking of." Carrie laughed, hearing the twins bickering on their way down the stairs. "Good morning, girls."

"Good morning." Mia smiled, tuning out her sister's nagging and walked over to her parents, giving them each a kiss and a hug.

Keira rolled her eyes at her sister before following suit. "Good morning." She sat beside Isaiah, taking a deep breath to calm herself down.

"Now what's with the commotion?" Mike asked sitting down himself.

"Mia wore my shirt without asking for permission first." Keira spoke.

"That's not a big deal, it's just a shirt!" The thirteen-year-old defended.

"Well its my shirt, you have plenty of yours, why wear mine?" Keira rolled her eyes again.

"You're so irritable these days." Mia stood up agitatedly. "I'll just go change."

"Teenagers." Isaiah mumbled under his breath.

Carrie laughed at her first born. "You're still a teenager yourself."

"Yeah well, I'm not a girl."

Keira continued eating, shutting the world out around her.

"You want anything to drink, sweetie?" Carrie asked.

"Just water is fine, mom. Thanks."

Carrie nodded then stood up, cursing under her breath.

"You okay honey?"

Carrie gave her husband a thumbs up, but mentally kicking him in the nuts knowing he was teasing her. "What about you, Isaiah?"

"This is good." Isaiah answered, holding his glass of orange juice.

Mia returned a few minutes later,  wearing a different shirt. The twins didn't exchange any words after that but it didn't worry any of them. The parents knew they'll be making up on the ride to school.

"Isaiah, you think you can drive your sisters to school today?" Mike asked, finishing his plate. "Mommy is not really feeling well today."

"Yeah, no problem." Isaiah answered. "Just hurry up so none of us would be late." He turned to his sisters, then got up from his seat to grab their bags and bring them to his car.

Keira finished next, kissing her parents goodbye before following Isaiah out, followed by Mia. "See you later, love you!" Mia had always been the affectionate one out of their the twins, whereas Keira had always been so quiet and shy.

"I'll do the dishes, you go back up and catch up on sleep." Mike brought the remaining dishes to the sink.
"No its fine." Carrie smiled. "We'll finish faster if we both clean up."

Mike nodded and cleaned the table instead, once they were both done, he lifted his wife up in his arms and carried her to their bedroom.

"Thanks." Carrie laughed, her arms around Mike's neck. "I'm still blaming you though."

"I didn't hear you complaining this morning." Mike teased.