Versace On The Floor

"I'm so full." Carrie laughed, laying back down on the blanket spread out on the grass beside her husband. "I don't  think i'll be able to eat for a week."

Mike smiled, laying down on his side with his arm propping up his head. His other hand draped over his wife's  waist as he looked down on her. "See, I told you ditching the after-party will be worth it."

"I know, you're right." Carrie rolled her eyes at the smug look on her husband's face. "You don't have to brag about it."

Mike chuckled noticing his wife stifling a yawn. "I think it's time we head back home." He said, starting to gather their things.

"A few more minutes." Carrie pleaded, pulling Mike back down with her on the blanket. "Let's just enjoy this for a short while."

Mike nodded, placing a kiss on top of his wife's head, making her cling to him tighter. "What's on your mind?"

"You." Carrie snuggled closer to Mike, her head resting on his chest, his heartbeat audible to her ears having her content and at peace.

"Me?" Mike smiled, placing another kiss on top of her head. "What about me?"

Carrie placed her chin on his chest so she could be able to look him in the eyes. "Hmm." Carrie smiled widely. "Just that I missed having these moments alone with you." Now it was Mike's  turn to smile. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm  more than grateful to have our beautiful son but, sometimes I miss when it's  just the two of us, you know, without Isaiah shouting for us every two seconds." Carrie laughed.

Mike nodded in understanding, pulling her over his body and kissed her on the lips. "I love you." He said, slowly rolling them over so Carrie  was laying on her back.

Carrie smiled as she looked up at him, saying the sentiment back. "I think we should go home." She said almost out of breath as she pulled away from their kiss.

Mike nodded, helping her up to her feet, their fingers laced together, his other hand occupied by the picnic basket they brought. "Wait here for a second."

Carrie nodded, picking up her heels from the ground and gathering the blanket onto her arms.

Mike came back from the truck parked not too far away from their spot before wordlessly picking up Carrie from the ground and carried her to their vehicle.

"Well aren't you sweet?" Carrie teased as Mike sat on the driver's seat.

"I try." Mike shrugged turning on the radio and let Carrie change the station as he began to drive away.

"Ooh I like this song."

Mike looked at his wife with a funny look on his face. "Isn't that Bruno Mars?" He asked, taking another glance at Carrie before focusing back on the road ahead.

"Mhmm." Carrie smiled. "I'm surprised you know that." She teased again, before starting to sing along with the music.

"Really, you like that song?"

"What? It's hot." Carrie answered matter-of-factly. "Besides, who doesn't like Bruno Mars."

"I don't."

Carrie smirked as she held his free hand and leaned over to his shoulders. "Aw honey, don't be jealous. You're the one I'm married to."

Mike rolled his eyes at the teasing. "I'm not jealous."

"Okay." Carrie replied, unconvinced.

"I'm  not."

"Okay." She repeated with a short laugh, finding his defensiveness funny, before planting a short kiss on his cheek. "I love you."

Mike rolled his eyes again. "Care, I told you I'm not jealous."

Carrie just chuckled and continued singing. "Let's just kiss 'til we're naked, baby, Versace on the floor."

"Besides what kinda name is Bruno Mars?" Mike continued to mumble.

They reached the house a couple of more minutes later. Carrie continued on teasing her husband while Mike tried to defend himself.

"You didn't  have to wait for us." Carrie and Mike entered their home. "It's way past midnight."

"Oh it's no problem at all." Carole greeted them at the front door with a smile on her face as the couple each gave her a hug. "He's already asleep." She said. "I'll see you two in the morning, good night."

"Good night, thanks mom." Carrie smiled, watching as her mother ascended the stairs and into the guest room.

"Should we head up now?" Mike asked, emerging from the kitchen, then wrapping an arm around Carrie's shoulders.

"Mhmm." Carrie nodded, wrapping both arms on his waist as they tried to walk up the stairs without one of them tripping over their feet.

Before Carrie could go straight to the bathroom to change, Mike  pulled her back into his arms and wrapped his arms around her torso. "I'm  not ready to end the night just yet." He kissed her cheek. "Dance with me?"

"But we don't  have - "

"We don't need any music." Mike cut her off and pecked her lips. "And what are the chances that you'd just play that Bruno Mars song to tease me."

Carrie just shrug as they started to sway side to side. "Thank you for tonight, I really enjoyed it." She smiled, her head resting on his chest.

"Anything for my princess." Mike planted a kiss on the top of her head before she looked up at him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."