Chapter 50

Vanessa's POV:

A few days later

"Vanessa hurry up we got to go pick up Archer", mom calls as I hang up the video chat with Riley and Stacy.

"Coming", I say and put on my big jacket.

Tomorrow night is the party, my dress already bought by my father.

I walk down the stairs and meet mom, we walk outside and she unlock the car. The snow is falling, but not heavy and the road is clear because the trunk clear it.

"Excited for tomorrow?" She smiles.

"No I don't even want to go", I scoff.

"When will you forgive him?"

"When he gives me a proper apology and explanation."

"Maybe he would tomorrow", she suggests.

"I doubt it, but I wouldn't have to worry about him at the party I would be with my friends to even notice he's there", I smile.

"Vanessa please think about this, he even bought you a water proof camera."

"I didn't ask for anything from him."

She sighs,"I hope you forgive him", she mumbles.

"Archie!" I shriek and hug Archer tightly as he exit the boarding point.

"Hi vehicle,", he hugs me back snuggling his face in my hair.

"I missed you, where's my gift?" I smack his arm.

"Damn woman, I just arrive and stop being violent", he glares at me and I smile my innocent smile at him.

"Archer, how are you going darling?" Mom hugs him.

"Fine, but control your daughter she's abusive", he smirks at me.

"I'm sure you're hungry let's stop at the coffee shop", mom suggests.

Archer and I got in the back seat.

"How was your Christmas? Did Michelle tried to contact you?" I ask.

"Yeah she called to say Merry Christmas."

"Were you fine with that?"

"Vanessa we broke up like two months ago, it still hurt yes but I don't cry again, I ever told her luck good with that T. J guy", he shrugs.

I smile, he's finally copping with the pain and letting go of his ex.

"And what about you and Jake?", he adds and I scoff.

"I don't want to hear his name, he needs to give me a proper apology and I'm still waiting for two weeks now."

"If I see him tomorrow and flirting with any other girls I wouldn't hesitate to punch him", he smirks.

I laugh, but couldn't help feel jealous when he said Jake flirting with other girls.

***

"We'll like three cups of hot cocoa with cookies please", mom orders as the waitress writes it down.

"Isn't that Jackson?" Archer asks as the guy enters with his hands in his pocket,

"Hi Jack!" I shout and he turns to me, his face breaks into a grin and he walks to our booth.

"Hi guys, Ms. Thomas", he winks at mom who blush slightly.

"What you're doing here man?" Archer laughs doing a fist bump with him.