Chapter 32

(A/N: I'll be skipping to Halloween, I'm taking to long to put some drama into this story)

Vanessa's POV:

The Day before Halloween

Jake and I over the last couple of weeks talk regularly, but where our relationship stands it still need some working on.

Just two weeks ago he went home for his mother's birthday and sent a lot of pictures for me.

Anyway, tomorrow is Halloween and the party is still on also Greg and his twin brother is flying in today since its Friday.

I can't wait to see him tomorrow, we are decorating Riley's house tomorrow all evening. Also, I got my costume.

"Thank goodness today is Friday, I swear these quizzes are giving me a headache", Stacy whines.

"Imagine for exams the ending of next month", I smirk and she groans.

"Don't remind me."

I laugh and shake my head.

It is lunch time and we're going to meet the guys by our spot, the leaves on the trees are already brown and are falling off.

Riley is already there sitting next to Caleb who has his arm over her shoulder, they look so cute together.

I sit down next to Jackson who grins there is an empty space for Jake.

I see him coming towards us with his tray, but stop when a guy calls  him over to a tree where he and some other guys are hanging out by the table.

He looks at us then back at them, deciding. 

He walks to us.

"That's right bros before hoes!" Carter shouts at them and they all glare at us.

Jake sits down next to me and peak my cheeks, "hey", he smiles.

"Hey."

"So guys down to business, you're all coming to Vanessa and I party tomorrow night right?" Riley ask.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world", Aden says.

"Of course, party is my thing well once it have alcohol", Austin says and did a high five with Lucas.

"I'm in", Alex smiles, we been good friends after the fair and meet on Wednesdays with Archer to go somewhere and hang out. Michelle would be coming tomorrow morning, she's not missing this party.

"We already made the guest list", I say putting the roll up paper on the table.

"I'll just add my name", Jay says and opens it.

"Vanessa, Greg said that they'll be landing around 8 tonight", Riley says 

"Who's Greg?" Jake raises an eyebrow at me.

"Riley's cousin, he's my friend", I reply.

"Just a friend nothing else right?" He frowns.

"Yes just a friend, like you and Quinn are just friend", I state.

"Don't bring her into this conversation", he speaks.

"Then stop acting like Greg is a threat, she was the one who was the threat last month."

"Can you stop referring to the past?"

"How?  When you don't even trust me."

"I do-"

"Cut the crap, I know you don't after I hung out with Alex a few weekends ago", I scoff.

"I do trust you is just that I didn't meet this Greg guy before", he sighs.