Chapter 23

Vanessa's POV:

The Next Day

"Wake up Vanessa your phone been blowing up for the last fifteen minutes", Stacy shakes me away.

I open my eyes and rub them, then yawn, "what's going on?"

"Here", she throws me my phone

Di: Girl you wouldn't believe what I saw earlier

Me: What?

Di: Michelle was having breakfast with T. J

Me: So? They're just friends

Di: 'Just friends' that she completely ignore all her boyfriend's messages

Me: What?

Di: Yes Isabel said that Archer texted her asking if she was okay

Me: Unbelievably I'll text Michelle and knock some sense into her

Di: Good luck, I got to go get ready for class

Me: Same here, later gurl

"I'll be back in time for class, I got to go see Archer", I say and got up, putting on my jacket.

"But dress in that?" She watches my sweatpants.

"Yes Jake  wouldn't be back from his jog till next half hour I got time", I say and put on my converse.

"But your face look like shit, no offence", she says.

I wash my face and brush my teeth quickly and leave running to Archer's dorm building isn't easy and takes lots of exercise.

I knock on the door and he opens the door with a blanket around him and his eyes swollen.

"I'm happy you're here", he says and pulls me inside before slamming the door shut.

Then he hugs me tightly and I feel my jacket getting a little wet, "I don't know if I can do this non video chat with her, she done already ignoring me", he cries.

"Hey it will be alright, why don't you go freshen up and for lunch we'll go to the city and get ice cream just the both of us?" respond.

"What about Jake?"

"He's not going to the city anytime soon, beside he has a meeting with his professor about switching his course partner", I reply.

"Okay I'll go just because I'm getting free ice cream", he smirks through his tears.

I hate to see him sad and restless, it always affect his football practices.

****

I walk into the first class of the day with Riley, her hair in a pony tail and Caleb's arm over her shoulder. Girls still drool over him and glare at Riley.

"How's he holding up?" Carter ask as we sit down.

"A little, we're going to go get ice cream later", I reply.

"That's cool, my dad would be in the city next week and wants to meet Stacy, I hope he don't scare her away like the others", he sighs. 

I can see that he really likes her.

"Vanessa, thanks for making me look like an idiot in from of Jackson on Friday", Kat hisses at me.

"You can do that on your own without my help", I retort and Carter snickers.

She scoffs and continue to talk to her friend.

"You're such a savage", Carter grins.

"I learned from the best", I flick my dirty blonde hair referring to Archer who insults Jackson every time we hung out.