Chapter 12

Vanessa POV

When I return to campus, I see Jake by my bedroom door with a bouquet of roses.

"Hey", he says.

"Hey", I reply and unlock my door and go in with my key and walk in with him behind me. 

"Look I'm sorry for telling you that last night and-",

"For putting itching powder in Archer's bed", I add cutting him off. 

He sighs and look away, "that too", he mumbles.

"Is your mother getting rid of those presses?" I ask.

"Yeah, do you want us to go out tonight?" He smiles.

"What time?" I  reply, getting ready for my next class.

"I'll pick you up around 7", he says and I nod.

"And apology to Archer", I add and push him out the room.

"What no kiss?"

I kiss him on the cheek and shut the door.

If he wants a proper kiss he got to apologize to my best guy friend first.

***************

"Did he apologize?" Stacy asks as we walk to the cafe to get evening coffee.

"Yep he's taking me out tonight", I say and see Archer talking to a girl who hangs out with Quinn.

"Hey anchor", I say as we reach them and we did a fist bump.

"Hwy vehicle, this is Ava she's my new partner", he introduces me to the girl who frowns at me.

"Ava tell Quinn to back off from Jake or one of her favorite design bag would end up in a lake", I smile sweetly at her.

She nods,"I got to go Archer, see you later", then leaves.

"Her face was priceless, at least she's not bitchy like Madison or Quinn", Archer says.

"I still don't trust her, Jake would apology to soon", I say and he nods.

"If he pulls a prank like that again, just be expecting him to have a black eye and break nose", he warns me and I nod.

"Take photos this time so I can send it to my brother", I say and he nods.

"Come on Vanessa", Riley says and pulls me with her.

I see Jake, Aden and Austin enter and girls stare them down.

I sit down by a table and Stacy pass me my coffee as Aden makes his way across to us.

"Vanessa, are you okay?" he asks and I nod.

Jake and Archer are talking then I see Archer pokes Jake in the chest and points at me and my heart skips a beat. I see Jake clutch his fist and holding back from hitting  Archer; Archer push pass Jake and walk out the cafe.

"Wow Archer looks upset", Riley says.

"You think", Aden says and sits down.

Jake runs his hand through his brown hair and glance over at me. I smile at him and blows him a kiss.

He smirks, pretending to catch it and put a hand by his heart.

"You guys make an adorable couple", Quinn says pulling a chair to our table. 

Stacy and Riley frown at her.

"I don't need compliment, what do you want?!" I snap getting to the point.