~Chapter 7~

Soon as Levy was gone I got out of the bed looking in the mirror, lifting up my top to a bandage all around me. "Fucking son of a bitch" I muttered as it was stinging, nothing else. I pulled my top down walking to Plue petting him. I saw a bandage around his back right leg. "Thank god your ok" I spoke as I failed to protect one of the four people I didn't want to lose. I failed. I headed toward the door opening it hearing through the coms that Erza and the others were back. I started running toward the bridge of the carrier. 

Once outside the group were coming off two sets of helicopters as Erza saw me. She ran over hugging me in a second as I hugged her back. "You got me so scared" Erza whispered as I patted her back pulling away forcing a smile on my face. Nothing new. I gotten used to lying about true feelings years ago. "Any information on that bastard, I'm gonna beat him to death" I soon asked as Erza shook her head as I saw Juvia being rushed inside doctors calling Levy through the coms. "All Empire bases are ready for us" Erza soon sighed.

Laxus walked over putting a hand on my shoulder. "How you handling?" he asked in a serious tone as I made my fake smile bigger. "ready to get back to the action I hate sitting around feeling useless" I replied as he wasn't sure to believe me or not. He knew I was good at faking so he knew I would hide it all away until breaking point. Like I normally did. "You need to rest so does the others" Laxus walked ahead inside as I knew he would be as broken as myself but I wasn't like Erza. I wasn't good with the whole feeling talk.

"Don't push yourself we need you" Erza whispered to me heading inside as I heard Plue bark from here. "No need to lie to them" Natsu spoke getting my attention as him and Gray were in front of me. "What you mean?" I asked putting my hands on my hips as Gray sighed shaking his head. "Fake smiles, fake words you would normally use if ok. They can't see it well but we can" Natsu answered as I lost the fake smile on my face looking toward the ground. "They are your siblings, they want to be there for you" Natsu soon added.

"No point, my emotional health was destroyed years ago" I only spoke heading inside as my tone had no emotion in it at all. I headed back to the room I woke up in to see Mira in there petting Plue. She was just outside and now here before myself. She was good at sneaking or something. "You need to open up to someone, broken or not everyone has emotions and feelings" Mira spoke looking toward me as I shook my head bending forward slightly moving my hand up pointing toward Mira.

"I don't need some pretty prep talk, I can handle myself I have done so and I can keep doing so" I spoke as Mira laughed standing up looking toward me her sweet smile on her face. "Laxus and Erza are very worried it has always been my job to make sure my teammates have stable minds, yours is all about getting revenge" Mira spoke walking toward me as I stood straight sighing as I turned around closing the door. "Let me guess you gonna get me stuck here until I open right?" I asked walking toward the small table and chairs. "Correct, Laxus and I will be taking over Fairy Tail a co-leaders I will be working on Makarov's seat while Laxus leads in the field" Mira spoke walking over.

We both sat down as I leaned back rolling my eyes as Plue walked over laying down next to me. "Lucy it's normal to be upset at a time like this, Makarov was your grandfather after all" Mira then spoke as I didn't look at her. My eyes on the wall but my mind replaying them moments over and over again. "If I wasn't an idiot going for a gun he would of been alive" I mumbled as I felt Mira grab my hand. "Not true Precht would of killed not just Makarov we heard that he was going to kill Laxus too if it wasn't for you" Mira spoke as I turned my head looking at her.

"You are not some weakling or to blame. Makarov would of wanted you to stay alive, be there for your family not hide away until breaking point" Mira then added as I froze at her words. I knew she was right. Makarov would of beaten some sense into me. "Lucy Empire have a space station ready to be sent off, we have to take it down" Mira then spoke moving her hand a serious look on her face. "Sending me?" I asked as Mira leaned back in her hair. "You and Erza will be going to the station controlling the launch. The others will be taking the thing out" Mira explained.

"He will be there....won't he?" I asked as Mira nodded as I stood up looking toward Mira. "I won't go for revenge yet not when my country needs me the most but I will be putting Erza's life first" I then spoke as Mira smiled toward me standing up grabbing both my hands. "What I wanted to hear, you leave tomorrow so rest and be ready" Mira spoke leaving the room as I took a deep breath looking at Plue who was fast asleep. "Knock, knock" I heard Erza's voice as I turned my head to see her at the open door.

"So you and Laxus sent Mira on me" I spoke sitting back down as Erza came into the room, closing the door behind her. "We knew you wouldn't open to us but Mira is sure you won't do anything crazy" Erza replied as Erza was worried I would go hell bent on revenge. "After we stop the Empire, I will be going after the bastard" I informed her as Erza nodded walking over moving a chair to be in front of me. As she sat down I saw she was worried. "Lucy, Fairy Tail has been given the go ahead to get Precht after taking the Empire down" Erza informed me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Please don't get crazy and hell bent, Laxus and I can't lose you Lucy" Erza spoke her eyes filled with worry and fear as my eyebrow lowered as I sighed leaning back. "I won't be rushing off to my death Erza, I plan on all of us getting that bastard and making him pay" I then spoke as Erza nodded smiling slightly as the rest of that day I was training myself with some other soldiers for tomorrow. My shoulder no longer hurt but my side still stang well until training was over. 

I pushed myself until my limit until I went back to the room to see Erza fast asleep on a bed next to mine. I went into bed leaning back. "Watch over us.....old man" I whispered my eyes closing.