"Ah, human." A laugh. "Please go on and show us the truth. Are you really afraid of us?"

The remains demons joined the Pink and laughed with her.

"I have no need to be afraid of my inner demons," said Dipper calmly. "You are simply projections, illusions, tricks in my mind, trying to trap me from the real world. I know you are testing me by using my fears, my weaknesses, and other negative emotions. Ergo, you are not real."

He stared back at the pink demon, who was taken aback at the last sentence, as well as he other.

"Now that I confirmed the whole truth behind this, please step aside and disappear."

The demons glanced at each other, seemingly confused. For a moment, silence fell. No one dared to speak out. It went on until a sudden realization dawned upon the Pink Demon and made her gasp.

"It's him."

Two words had broken the ice and immediately, the demons jumped to grab Dipper. Two grabbing his arms and one covering his mouth.

"How foolish of me," murmured the Pink Demon. "

Dipper was confused as hell.

He defeated his inner demons! They should disappear! The screams of the innocent citizens should have stopped! He should be back to the real world! To his family! Why didn't --- gah!

When he was thinking furiously, he didn't notice until now that he, along with the demons, were transported to a dark place. The walls were all black with neon, rainbow cracks around the bricks. He could see stairs and corridors leading to nowhere, and a large, red stained-glass window resembling an eye with a slit pupil. There was also a huge throne made out of human statues in front of him. It was horrifying.

Was this the nightmare section in his brain?

"Bill," called out the Pink Demon. "I found him."

A yellow triangle suddenly appeared right in front of him, startling the confused boy. It's right arm clutched his chin and lifted it up.

"Hm, it appears a weirdness bubble had passed through you," the triangle commented, tapping his chin in a thoughtful manner.

Dipper squirmed under his gaze.

"Want to play chess?"

"I --- okay," Dipper managed to say out loud, still utterly confused at the whole deal. Was this another test, perhaps the boss battle with the inner demons?

A chess board popped out in the air, and Dipper found himself sitting on a small human-statue-made throne. If Bill, the demon, had a mouth, Dipper could imagine it flashing a wide grin at him. The music in the room dimmed, as the surroundings gradually disappeared as well, leaving only two with the chess. Surrounded by darkness.

Dipper's side was black and Bill's was white. Bill claimed that he was a demon of innocence and purity, thus choosing the color white. Dipper scoffed, and they then started the game.

The game continued quietly. Sometimes, they exchanged few snarky remarks, but otherwise they both kept their mouth shut, each focusing on their movement.