Chapter 33

Blendin

"Officer 319! Someone's messing with the timeline! I repeat, someone is messing with the timeline!" A voice shouted from his TimePhone. There was some yelling in the background, until the line went dead.

Someone's messing up the timeline? I must tell it to the General! Blendin thought, as he tapped his TimePhone, which was a small earpiece designed for sending messages to each other, no matter how far they are.

A hologram slowly began to form in front of him, trying to get the signal. He stared at the hologram, his patience slowly wearing off. Blendin mentally noted that, after all this, he would get the Time Workers to make the signal faster. While the hologram was still searching for signal, Blendin took a look around his surroundings.

He was in the Time Control Room, where Time Officers that excelled in technology and the studies of Timelines, like him, worked. They were each assigned to watch over timelines and try to balance the whole universe, reducing time anomalies.

Blendin was also Messenger, as the name states; his second job was to carry important messages to the Time.

"Signal currently stable. Now calling the General," said a woman's computer voice. Blendin turned around and roughly combed his hair with his fingers, parting it down in the middle. He cleaned away the small dust on his light gray jacket, and adjusted his goggles. He didn't want to look like someone who had just woken up.

After making sure he was well and clean, Blendin waited for the General. However, the General wasn't picking it up. Perhaps he's busy, he thought. He tapped his TimePhone again, and called the Lieutenant General. Another hologram appeared, and this time, the signal was quick.

"Signal currently stable. Now calling the Lieutenant," said the cold computer voice.

As soon as the voice finished, the hologram showed a young woman with long blonde hair and bell-shaped bangs. Her dark blue eyes matched with her navy blue uniform. Her uniform looked like a female version of Bucky's, the Winter Soldier from a comic book he had seen before. Blendin couldn't believe it. This was the Lieutenant!

No one had ever seen her face, because they never saw her taking off her mask. Blendin still remembered that time, when a new soldier asked why she wore the mask. The Lieutenant had answered that she wanted to stay anonymous. However, no one knew why. Blendin had questioned himself of the identity of the Lieutenant. Who was she?

But now, there she was, without her mask. For some reason, Blendin felt that he had seen her somewhere. However, he couldn't point a finger on it, because he had travelled to many places and met many people. It was impossible to know all of their names and faces. Was she Marie Jones? Cecilia Lambert? Taylor Swift? No. Then was she ---

The woman coughed, breaking Blendin from his thoughts. He smiled sheepishly. "Apologies, ma'am, but I have received urgent news," He paused before beginning again. "Someone is messing with the timeline."

She frowned and rubbed her temples. "He has returned and someone is now messing with the timeline?!" She muttered angrily.

Blendin wondered whose return she was talking about. From the way she had spat the words, it was obvious that this return was bad news.

"Does the General know about this yet?" she asked.

Blendin shook his head. "I can't reach him."

"Tell the others to find the solution fast! Find out who's messing with the timeline! I'm going out," she demanded. With that, she ended the call, hologram disappearing.

Blendin hurried over to his computer and typed in the password, COOLDUDE, unlocking it. He then typed in some codes, and the computer began loading its data. While it continued to load, Blendin tapped his TimePhone and repeated what the Lieutenant had ordered.

After that, he looked back at the computer and let out a gasp. There was a photo of the number one suspect of messing with the timeline. It was amazing how fast the Officers had already found the person, but he was even more surprised at the suspect. How could he ---

"CODE RED!" shouted a Time Officer, who just came running past him. Blendin's eyes widened. Code red? That hadn't happened for ages! Hastily, Blendin put his Time Machine into his pocket, and prepared to leave. Before he did, he glanced back at the screen.

"Always into mischief, aren't you, Dipper Pines?" muttered Blendin, chuckling drily. "Someday, it'll bring you to your end. Curiosity kills the cat after all."

You'll regret it.

***

21.k views, 1.43 votes and 588 comments? OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!THANKS!!

Anyway...
•Who do you think is the Lieutenant?
•Why did she hide her face?
•What do you think would happen next?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!