Chapter 11

Mabel

As soon as we learned of the news, Pacifica and I ran to the prison as fast as we could. It was midnight already, but we were so desperate to get Dipper, we didn't care. Grunkle Stan yelled for us to come back, but his words fell on deaf ears. We had much more important thing to do. There was no stopping us.

We knew we had to get Dipper out of there - I knew I had to. Dipper was innocent! He was, wasn't he? 

Doubt began to crept in. He had to be innocent! But what about his recent behavior? He had even blasted Grunkle Ford! He did that all by himself! No one was controlling him - or at least I thought so. You never know in Gravity Falls ... Focus, Mabel! He's your brother! He is innocent!

Suddenly, Pacifica shrieked, jolting me back to my senses. Her fingers were trembling, pointing at something beside the trash can.

"W-what was that?"

I bent down next to the trash can. There was nothing there, except for few rubbish. I turned around to tell Pacifica and noticed that she was looking at something above me.

Curious, I raised my own head and saw none other than, Bill Cipher!

I took out my grappling hook and readied for any attacks. I expected Bill to shoot us with fireballs or something, but he just floated there, leaning on his little black cane, exhausted and panting hard.

"Um, are you OK?" Pacifica looked at me as if I had grown another head. I shrugged.

"Do I look good to you?" Bill asked, his sarcasm seeping in.

"No." I raised my grappling hook at him. The demon rolled his eyes.

"Shooting star, you should really thank your stupid brother for leaving me in this sorry state!"

Pacifica looked ready to faint.

The demon continued, "Look, I may or may not have accidentally given him some of my powers when I was destroying his mindscape."

I snorted. Lies. I know you have not.

"So, do be careful. Pine tree is dangerous now. He's now a threat to this universe. Without my powers, I am reduced to nothing! Just a stupid, old DORITO!"

Dorito? How does he, a super demon being, know the name of the snack created by "meatbags?"

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about," stated Pacifica.

I ignored her and continued on my interrogation, "Is Dipper a demon now?"

"No. At least, not yet."

Oh gosh. I glanced at my watch. 12:30 am. There was no time left. We must find Dipper before anything goes wrong. I glanced at my partner in crime, Pacifica, who had the most priceless face ever.

Our time was limited.
I just hoped it was enough for our rescue mission.