Chapter 15

Stan

"KIDS!" I yelled after Mabel and Pacifca. "GET BACK HERE!" But it was no use. The girls ran away without looking back, ignoring me.  I sighed and went back to my sofa.

"I heard shouting and ..." Ford opened the door and frowned. "What's wrong, Stan?"

He squinted his eyes when he came out of his lab. The light seemed to blind him a bit. I think I heard him hiss. Seriously, that guy really needs to be outdoor! I mean, he's staying in his lab for two whole days and he looked like a vampire, but not the good looking ones you see on TV.

"Mabel and Pacifica ran away. There was this news about Dipper being arrested for burning the Northwest Mansion. The girls kinda freaked out and ran away to prove he's innocent," I tried my best not to break into tears and explained.

"My goodness! Did I hear it right? Dipper burnt a mansion?"

"You heard me."

"Unbelievable."

"Yep."

Silence.

"We've gotta save our nephew," I finally said, breaking the awkward silence.

Ford took out his laser gun he got from the portal and smiled. "I'm always ready."

I went to my room to get my 10 guns which I kept it hidden in a shelf, in case some maniac decides to sneak a ladder in. I grabbed all of them, 5 in each hand. When I came out, Ford was surprised at how much weapon I had. I grinned.

Ford looked at me like I was crazy. "I thought owning 10 guns was illegal."

"When there's no cops around, everything's legal!" I said. "Plus, you've got a laser gun and you're telling me that having 10 guns are illegal?"

"Good point."

I went out of the shack, Ford following me. I locked the Mystery Shack and put on a sign that it was closed. When I turned around, I bumped into my staff Soos.

"Why are you closing the shack, Mr. Pines? You never close the shack!" Soos asked in surprise.

"Why are you outside so late?" I asked back.

"Abuelita told me I was playing too much video games these days. Made me get some fresh air, so I came to check you guys out. What's wrong?"

"We're out to get Dipper back from that filthy jail. We're also going to find Pacifica and Mabel too." I said, seeing his confused face and added, "Dipper burnt a mansion."

His jaws dropped. Then he came back to his senses and asked if he could help. I glanced at Ford who nodded. "Ok, Soos. I want you to go to the police station. Try and persuade the polices to get Dipper out, capish?"

Soos winked and gave me an OK sign. "What about you?"

"We'll go to the forest first to find the girls." I watched Soos as he nodded and ran to the town.

I wish I had this telepathy power between our families, that way we can communicate mentally. Talking to each other's minds would be creepy, but it would help us a lot. I would like to see the kids' reaction when I suddenly talk into their minds. I could imagine Mabel freaking out after I tell her she accidentally ate my Stancakes. Boy, her face would be priceless! And Dipper...

Dipper...

I couldn't stop thinking about him. He disappeared twice and appeared to have a weird tattoo on his arm after the first disappearance. According to Ford, Dipper even jumped out of the window from the attic. He burnt a mansion and now he's in a jail.

Hang in there, Dipper. You got us. We'll get you outta there soon.

I was lost in my train of thoughts until a voice snapped me out of it. A voice that creeped me out. A voice that was definitely his.

Leave me alone.