Chapter 5

"I really enjoyed our conversation, Pine Tree," said Bill. If he had a mouth, he would be pouting. "A pity."

Dipper felt the heavy tension and turned to run. However, Bill bloody Cipher grabbed his wrist and spun him around to face the demon. Bill's grasp was too strong for him to wiggle out of his hold.

"Next time, please think before you say anything you regret, kid. You should learn to say 'yes' very often."

Having said that, his fingers were suddenly engulfed with blue flames. There was a tingling sensation on his arms and Dipper began to see cryptic words and strange patterns forming. A cipher wheel appeared not so long after.

Dipper did the only thing he could do.

He screamed.

•••

Mabel did not come back home with Dipper. She had simply ignored everyone, including Waddles, and went to her room in a solemn mood. It was clear she had something bothering her, and Grunkle Ford wished she could discuss her matters with the family.

As time slowly passed, the Grunkles could not pretend any longer. Dipper was not coming back. Although Grunkle Ford did not talk to the boy much, Dipper was a Pines; he is family.

He wanted to talk to the boy, but Dipper did not even look at his face, let alone stay in the same room with him.

Stan said it was puberty, but I didn't think so.

After much begging, Grunkle Ford decided to go to the forest to fetch the boy.

Suddenly he heard a scream. Where was it coming from? It sounded like a girl kidnapped by the gnomes.

Curious, he began to run towards the source of the scream. He came to a large clearing in the woods and found none other than Dipper Pines lying on the grass. His fists were bruised really badly, and his arms were tattooed with cipher wheel and spells. What happened to him?

Ford bent down and felt his heartbeat. He was not dead. What a relief! Dipper was probably knocked down by something.

He looked around the surroundings. No one was there. No footprints, except for his and Dipper's. Interesting...

Carrying Dipper on his back, Ford returned to the shack.

•••

[edited]