Chapter 10

Where was he?

Dipper was standing in the center of Gravity Falls. And all was burnt to crisps. The buildings were damaged and citizens of Gravity Falls were running in all directions. Grotesque creatures were flying about. It was chaos.

What happened?

"Look what we have here!" A pink demon cackled. "This human is a cute one! I want him!"

Cute? I'm not cute! Before he could argue, the pink demon raised her claws and shot a fireball at Dipper. Startled, he ducked.

Fortunately, the fireball missed him. "You're a boring one, aren't you?" The demon sneered. "Fear not, I'll catch you next time." Having said that, the pink demon fluttered her wings and flew away to find her next target.

Dipper let out a sigh and hurriedly scrambled to a nearby store. He did not want to be their meat for supper.

"We meet again, Pine Tree."

Dipper's anger piqued at the voice, for he knew that the voice belonged to none other than Bill Cipher. He growled, "You knew that was not the Dreamscape, Bill."

"Oh," Bill said. "Are you talking about the house of the Northwest?"

"Don't feign innocence, you liar!"

"But I did not burn the place down, Pine Tree. I  did not order you to, yet you did. I never thought you would use your flames to burn!"

No.

"That was your doing, Pine Tree. And might I add, it was beautiful."

Dipper felt as if he was punched in the stomach. Why did he ignite the flames initially? He could not remember ...

"Don't be so sad about it. Look at the bright side - you have powers!"

Dipper's eyes widened at his words.

"I've marked you, kid. You should thank me for giving you a fair share of my power."

Oh, the powers and the knowledge. But Dipper did not accept his deal.

"I keep my words. I need nothing in return. However, if you want to get the full package (cue eyebrow wiggling) you should ask me nicely! This power you currently have, is not even one fifth of my power, Pine Tree. Don't give me that look, I am a powerful demon.

"So this is like a demonstration of what I could do with your power, albeit small," murmured Dipper. He marveled at the tiny flames entangling his fingers. It was beautiful.

"Indeed." If Bill had a mouth, he would have grinned. "Think about the offer, kid. If you ever need me, you know where to find me."

The demon lifted Dipper's chin up and laughed. "You are cute!"

And with that, Dipper lost consciousness.