Chapter 31

Dipper

"Oh man, this place stinks."

Dipper complained as he went into the Men's Restroom. It was break time. He was exploring the prison, searching for any helpful stuff that could help them in their escape. So far, he had found none. He tried to find a good route, but he realized that there were guards all around. Who knew how hard this actually was? Mike was right. They certainly needed a lot of help.

Dipper walked around the restroom. He knew this was pointless, that he wouldn't find anything in here. But who knows? The restroom might hold some important secrets. Through his days of monster hunting, he had learned that important secrets are always in places you never thought it would be. Like Stan hiding a giant portal underneath the Mystery Shack, right under their noses.

After walking around for few minutes, Dipper realized there was a door that was only closed. A sign that said "Need to Fix," was hanging on the door. The sign seemed pretty old and dirty, like it hadn't been touched for ages.

Curious, Dipper kicked the door, which opened widely. He looked around to make sure no one was watching him, and went inside. There was only a toilet. Nothing surprising or important there. Sighing, Dipper turned around and pushed the door, and was blinded by a big flash of light.

"What the . . ."

Dipper blinked his eyes for a few times, his vision finally clearing. When he opened his eyes again, he gasped.

This wasn't the Men's restroom.

This was a super market. Not just any supermarket, but a super market that seemed to be from the future.

Dipper stood in front of the Ice stall. People around him were all wearing strange neon colored clothes. Was this the future?

This made him recall the legend that the criminals had shared yesterday. It was about a time portal. Legend had said that there was once a time portal in this area where people from the future came and went. They came to the past to help people develop faster. However, one day, they suddenly disappeared along with the portal.

At first, he didn't believe it. But as he thought more about it, he slowly realized that it may be true. Well, Gravity Falls is full of weirdness. He had met gnomes and all kind of mythical creatures, so why didn't he believe about this legend?

That was it then. It all made sense. He was in the future by traveling through the time portal. Funny that the portal was actually the unused toilet stall. So did that mean that the others had come to the portal too? No, they probably couldn't. He just knew. For some reason, Dipper had access to the time portal. Why?

All he knew was that he had to get out of here. He had to go back to the Present. But he couldn't find the time portal. Dang it! Where was it?

Dipper ran outside, ignoring the looks the other people gave him. Panting hard, he looked around the place. Cars were flying, some teenagers were riding hover boards, and buildings were gigantic bubbles. Basically, it was an amazing utopia, the future city we all imagined in movies and books.

However, this didn't catch Dipper's interest. What made him question more about the future, was that there was a very thin light green around the city, as if it was a shield. If it was in fact a shield, what was it protecting from?

Dipper squinted and was surprised at seeing dystopia. Buildings were all destroyed and crumbled to pieces. The sky was dark dangerously blood red, and no living creature could be seen. Everything about it screamed Evil.

If this shield was protecting this city from becoming like that, what was it hiding from? What was the cause? What happened in the future?

Suddenly, there was a large alarm that filled the entire city. The ground shook. People screamed and stopped what they were doing. They all ran into a red colored bubble. After the citizens had seek refuge, the bubbles went under the ground, disappearing.

Dipper had no idea what was happening. He had no idea what the alarm was for, and no idea what he should do now. All the bubbles seemed to disappear into the ground, so if he did plan to seek refuge right now, he couldn't.

Dipper raised his head and saw a giant screen on a building. It said "Code Red" in white fonts with the red background. All the screens were showing the same words. What was Code Red?

Then he realized, the shield was gone. The green light that had shimmered on the sky was gone. This meant that they were vulnerable to any danger they were facing. This was bad. Whatever the danger was, it must be fearful and powerful. Yes, very powerful.

Dipper began to panic. This situation was worse than he had thought. He really had to get to out of here! He didn't want to be killed by the danger they were talking about.

Dashing around, Dipper searched for the time portal, but he couldn't find any. As he ran around the street, he heard a shout and a scream. Curious, Dipper took a peek at an alleyway where the source was.

Oh, if he only knew that curiosity kills the cat.

•••

Demon Huntress

It was another prefect day. She had never been so relaxed since the Banishment. For once, she had a genuine smile on her face. Today was the day people celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Banishment.

The Banishment happened 10 years ago, a memory she was still haunted by. It was the day when the infamous demon Alcor the Dream-bender had been banished into the heaviest guarded prison in the universe.

Alcor was the universe's most dangerous criminal. The Cunning, the Danger, the Demon himself. He carried many titles with him, and had destroyed many planets and few galaxies. Many people still fear to speak out his name, but she, on the other hand, did not.

She was the one who had helped the Time Police capture the Demon of Destruction.

People might think this day would be really great for her. "Such a big accomplishment!" They had praised her. She still remembered the time when Alcor first appeared, and she had made her life goal to hunt the demon down.

The Demon Huntress smiled at that great feeling, but was soon turned into a frown, when the memory of the Banishment came haunting her.

When Alcor was handcuffed by the Time Baby, he had laughed. A very cold laugh that seemed to echo around the universe. After that, he had said something that sent shivers to all of them.

"I will be back," Alcor had cackled, glaring at the Huntress. "And when I do, you would wish you were never born."

The Huntress knew that Alcor truly had meant it. The whole universe knew that he was a very powerful being. The fact that he had been captured by a mortal and some Time officers, was shocking to most people.

There were many theories about this capture. Some said that this was part of the plan, while the others said that he might be truly weak. It made the Huntress wonder too. Was this all an act of his? Was he planning something? What if he did escape?

For years, she was worried of his return. She was never relaxed; fearing that any moment the demon would escape and get his revenge. But now, he had been banished for 10 years. If he would make his escape, why wait for 10 years? Did this mean that he finally gave up? Demon Huntress sighed in great relief.

She looked around. This city was the only one that was still standing in Planet Earth. With the help of the Time Officers, they had made a shield around the city, to protect them from any harm. They were safe.

However, suddenly the alarm rang. It only meant one thing: the shield was off!

Code Red flashed on the screens around the city. The Huntress stood, terrified. She didn't want to believe it, but she knew she had to face the truth, even if it was horrible.

He has returned.

***

Thanks for 17.3k views, 1.19k votes, and 506 comments! Comment if you think you know who the Demon Huntress is! It's not an OC!