; thirty-four

gilinsky's pov

johnson and hailey had showed up at the house the next morning, once i told them what had happened last night.

i'm shocked that this even happened, i mean i don't know what caused her to go that far, to try and shoot herself.

i shook the thoughts out of my head and spoke with them for a second.

"i'm just going to go wake her up and let her get ready, then we'll go." i stated.

johnson nodded as hailey was already entertained with the kids.

"thanks again man." i said before hugging johnson.

"it's fine, i'll always be here for you guys, through everything." he hugged back.

he turned towards hailey and smiled, walking towards her.

i walked up the stairs and into our room.

natalie was still peacefully asleep in bed.

i walked towards her and bent down beside the bed. "i love you, so much." i whispered and grabbed her hand, rubbing my thumb across her engagement ring. my throat became dry, a tear shedding.

i coughed the lump out of my throat, walking to the bathroom to get ready.

after brushing my teeth, washing my face and combing my fingers through my hair, i was ready.

i took a deep breath before going back into the room.

"baby" i knelt beside natalie as i shook her lightly, "please get up, we need to go somewhere."

she faced me as she squinted her eyes, trying to adjust to the lighting in the room.

she stretched out and groaned, "its so early." she chuckled, looking at the time.

i smiled back at her, "just put on something comfy."

she nodded as she walked over to the closet. "where are we going?" she questioned, as she turned towards me.

"it's a surprise." i answered.

she smiled, her perfect little smile.

i feel so guilty..

ten minutes later she was ready and we were in the living room.

natalie was saying bye to the boys, then walked back over to the door.

"i love you nat." hailey lightly smiled as she hugged natalie. natalie had a puzzled look on her face, but hugged her back. "i love you too hailey."

johnson hugged her tightly before letting go.

she headed out the door and i walked behind her.

"you're doing the right thing g." johnson said before i walked out the door. am i really?

we got into the jeep and i started off.

"i love you natalie." i broke the silence, grabbing her hand with my free hand, still paying attention to the road. we were almost there.

"i love you too jack, but why's everyone being so weird?" she asked as she held back. "did you tell them about last night?"

i nodded and gulped, getting off the highway exit going towards the hospital.

"they probably think i'm a fucking psycho." she breathed out, looking at me.

i pulled into a parking space, turning the car off.

natalie looked at the front off the building, "j-jack what are we doing here?" she stuttered, her voice shaky.

"you need help natalie, you held a gun to your head and tried to kill yourself last night." i spoke, as i held onto both of her hands.

tears started pouring from her eyes, "i'm sorry jack."   she reached out for me.

tears formed in my eyes, "this is just for the best baby." i wrapped my arms around her body and held onto her.

she snuggled her head into my neck and cried out more.

hope you enjoyed (:

thanks for all the love towards my books!

xox lex