; twenty-eight

4 months later

natalie's pov

i'm now 5 months pregnant.

it's been very different for us these past months, but we've gotten through rough patches and all.

"are you as excited as i am?" gilinsky engulfed me in a hug while asking.

i smiled "yeah, we get to find out the gender of our baby." i smiled widely.

we had finished preparing for the gender reveal party. johnson and hailey picked up the cake and are on their way. (johnson and hailey had their wedding already y'all, i just didn't write it but you could picture it as you want)

so the thing is we cut into the cake, if it's pink, it's a girl; if it's blue, it's a boy.

it was a smaller reveal party, gilinsky's close friends and family. my family won't be attending because i never told them.

i mean, they despise me and in my opinion don't even deserve to know.

if they were horrible parents who says they'd be better grandparents?

"oh honey, you look great!" katherine smiled and hugged me. she always finds a way to boost my confidence.

jack hugged his parents and they walked into the living room where others were.

more people piled into the house, gilinsky has a pretty big family.

"hey you guys! how's my niece or nephew doing?" molly walked in with ethan and they're daughter aubrey, who was in her carrier.

"great!" i smiled and looked down at aubrey, she has ethan's nose and molly's eyes.

sammy and stas showed up minutes later, "you're one sexy baby mama!" stas hooted as she walked in.

i laughed before i hugged her, then sammy.

"you're naming the baby sammy!" he called.

i chuckled, "we actually don't have any names picked out yet." gilinsky stated.

"which gives you a bigger reason to name him/her sammy." he playfully smiled before speaking again, "i still can't believe you guys are going to be parents."

"i know it seems like just yesterday we were high school sweethearts and now we're having a kid." gilinsky exclaimed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

we walked into the living room and chatted while waiting for johnson and hailey to return with the cake.

+

everyone has ate some food and it was now time to cut the cake.

"everyone gather around!" hailey excitedly demanded, while bringing over a cake, johnson brought over another, setting them both in front of me, gilinsky was behind me resting his hands on my stomach.

i scrunched my nose and furrowed my eyebrows in utter confusion as to why there were two cakes.

"aw the baker was thoughtful and made two cakes so there is enough cake for everyone."

johnson bursted out into laughter, "no dumbass, you're having twins!" he cheered, while still laughing.

my eyes widened. "oh my god, we're having two baby's!" gilinsky cheered back. i smiled widely.

"hurry, hurry, cut the cake, everyone's waiting!" hailey jumped up and down. (okay if my best friend isn't this excited then is she really my best friend)

i grabbed the cake knife off the table, gilinsky also put his hand on it.

we cut into the first cake. "BLUE, A BOY!" gilinsky happily screamed. you can tell he wanted a boy. i smiled.

we cut the other one, "ANOTHER BLUE!" gilinsky screamed again. "WERE GONNA HAVE TWO BOYS!" gilinsky cheered and attached his lips to mine. i smiled into the kiss while everyone cheered.

he put his forehead against mine, "were having two boys!" he said quietly. "i'm so excited and happy." i smiled and said.

"we're gonna be the coolest parents." he chuckled.

he hugged me and i hugged him back, before he pulled away quickly.

"i love you natalie, so much. we've been through a lot together. i'm so happy you came back to omaha and so grateful to have you back in my life. you make me so happy." he spoke in a soft but louder tone. i smiled back getting ready to respond before he spoke again.

"and that smile of yours." he smiled widely, "you're so beautiful." he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

he kneeled, getting down on one knee.

he grabbed my hand and looked up at me. "natalie marie smith" he paused, taking a velvet box out of his pocket and opened it. "will you marry me?"

my mouth hung agape as my eyes watered. i was in shock. inside the box was the most gorgeous ring i've ever seen. "yes yes yes!" i nodded my head and smiled widely before he got up and smashed his lips against mine.

before everyone tries to come at me because it's too soon or they're not even dating or something along those lines, they've known each other throughout middle school and high school. also they dated for 4+ years.

i respect everyone's opinion, so if you don't like the plot or the ideas i'm coming up with then you can simply stop reading and take the book out of your library (and if you do that, thanks for even reading up to this point!) (:

how'd you like the chapter?

thank you all so much!! for everything!!

love y'all <3

xox lex