; seven

natalie's pov

i was back at gilinsky's house by eight and his car was there.

"how was your guys' lil date?" i asked, walking towards the living room where they both sat and were on their phones.

"pretty great. how was your lil date with sammy?" madison asked.

"wilky?" gilinsky asked, looking up at me. (YOU GUYS WILL LEARN THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK THAT I LOVE CALLING SAMMY, WILKY !! )

"yeah, but no it wasn't a date." i said. "i literally went out and got a phone, ate, and looked for a job." i laughed.

"oh, did you apply for anything?" gilinsky asked.

i shook my head. "actually", i sang out like a kid and sat on the couch beside him, "sammy told me to talk you about it, but working for you maybe-i know you've already done so much for m-"

"it's fine, we can work something out and see where you would fit in the business." he cut me off and smiled.

i smiled and nodded my head.

"babe, how come you never thought about me working with you?" madison asked.

"i don't think you would be able to do it, you have to be smart with this concept." he said. "nat was big when it came to business, financing, all that stuff." he explained.

"anyways i just fired someone a couple of weeks ago, you can take her position." he told me. "you'll just need to get some work attire and you'll be able to come in tomorrow."

i nodded and smiled, this is the first chapter of my new life.

+

"you need stuff like this." jack said, holding up a dress.

he ended up taking me to get my new clothing for work tomorrow.

"it's beautiful." i said, grabbing it and checking the price tag.

"holy shit, never mind." i said, putting it back onto the rack.

"it's fine, i'll get it for you." he smiled. "friendly gift?"

"no, you aren't gonna buy me that!" i told him.

he shook his head. "it'll look great on you!"

"i'll get some cheaper ones, silly." i said ruffling his hair and leaving the store.

he came our moments later with a bag in his hand.

"jack i told you not to get me the fucking dress." i whispered-yelled at him.

he shrugged his shoulders. "oh well."

we shopped for a couple hours but, ended up at the food court and sat down, eating some subway.

"you ready to be a dad?" i asked him.

he finished chewing and spoke. "not really." he looked down. "but you gotta do what you gotta do."

"yeah." i nodded. "but you'll be a great dad." i reached over the table and rubbed him arm reassuringly.

he mumbled something under his breath.

"hm?" i asked him.

he shook his head. "never mind."

there was a comfortable silence for a minute before i spoke up, "so we haven't really got to talk one on one."

he nodded for me to go on.

"i just wanted to know how everything went after high school, ever since we broke up and stuff." i said, twiddling my thumbs.

"i went to college and graduated 4 years later, started my own clothing line. nothing interesting."

"that's great." i smiled. "when'd you meet madison?"

he looked down at his hands. "a couple weeks after we-you know."

i nodded and bit the inside of my cheek.

"that's good." i commented, taking a sip of my drink.

i stared at his pink, plump lips.

"earth to natalie" jack said.

i didn't even know i was staring at him. i blushed of embarrassment and got up, throwing my things away.

"as i was saying" jack said, following alongside me, "tomorrow, i'm just really going to show you around the place and how everything works."

i nodded, putting my jacket on. "okay, so from now until i get a car and stuff, how am i gonna get back and forth from work?"

"i'll try to get us to work the same hours so you can just ride with me." he smiled. "but if anything, madison could pick you up."

"okay." i smiled.

we kept walking, making it to the parking lot.

"thank you so much, for everything jack." i turned towards him and hugged him, taking in the scent of his cologne and smiling.

feeling his arms wrap back around me made me smile even more. god i miss him so much.

i let go and looked back up at him.

"you're welcome" he said, i smiled again. "but that's what friends do." my smile faded.

aha, friend.

you're so clueless jack omg

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT I KNOW YOU ALL HATE ME

until next time

-xox lex