; fourteen

couple of days later

natalie's pov

gilinsky and i were on our way to the funeral home. gilinsky tagged along to comfort me throughout the whole thing.

i've never been to a funeral before because a loved one has never passed throughout my life, so today was going to be different.

they still couldn't find out who'd done this, i never saw the guys face. there's nothing.

we walked into the funeral home, so many unfamiliar faces were in there, probably relatives and old friends from high school or the community.

i've never met any of her family, she said they weren't that bad of people, they just didn't approve of her choices and wanted her to be this 'perfect' person.

i scanned around, trying to see if i knew anyone here, looking mostly for her sister, veronica. she's about 14-15 years old.

never met her, like i said, but quinn always carried around this picture of her in her pocket, it was taken a couple of months before she had left.

quinn always talked about her sister and how much she missed her, she was beautiful. the way she explained her seems like she's intelligent, very kind and upbeat person.

i looked around at all the pictures of quinn hanging around, all before she had left them.

i giggled at the younger pictures of her, then, what seemed to be the most recent picture they'd gotten, was in front of me. she was so beautiful.

i started tearing up, quivering my lip, trying to keep the tears from flowing. i miss her so much.

gilinsky wrapped his arm around me and rubbed his hand up and down it in a reassuring way.

i blinked my eyes a couple of times and wiped them before someone tapped my shoulder.

i turned around, jack still by my side and seen an older couple and a girl.

"and who may you be?" the woman asked.

"natalie" i said, viewing their facial structure. must be quinn's parents.

"you've got a beautiful name." the younger but not so young girl smiled and said.

"thanks" i smiled, but soon realized who she was. "wait, veronica?" i asked her.

"i'm sorry should i know you?" she asked.

i shook my head and giggled. "sorry, quinn just talked so much about you, and even had this little pictur-"

"she did" she smiled excitedly, tearing up. her parents had already left and were talking to others.

i nodded. "she really missed you."

she smiled, tears about to flood her eyes. "h-how do you know her?" she asked, her voice a little shaky.

"just ran into her one day, we just clicked. were friends for a couple of years." i smiled.

okay, i didn't completely lie, i just didn't want to tell her 14 year old sister she left and got involved in prostitution.

"did she leave because of me, because of our fight."

"no" i shook my head and thought about it for a minute, how i was going to word it, "she was different and wanted to go into a different direction rather than what everyone else wanted her to do."

she looked down, blinking away the tears.

after a moment of silence she spoke up, "could i get your number? just so we could maybe talk more about her. the counselor said it'll help." she explained.

"yeah." i smile, wiping my eyes with the tissue gilinsky handed me, while she got her phone out.

i typed in my number and handed her back the phone. "thank you." she said "for explaining a little bit to me and stuff."

i nodded before she walked back towards her parents.

+

"nat, you need to eat something." gilinsky said, pushing a plate of sandwich and chips towards me.

"i'm not hungry g." i mumbled, pushing it back towards him.

"you haven't ate in a couple of days natalie, i'm worried. just eat some chips, take a bite of the sandwich, something." he set his elbows on the table

i stared at the table before getting up.

"i'm gonna go get a shower, i'll eat when i'm done."

gilinsky's pov

"she's not fucking eating, she's not happy and laughing,  she's not getting any sleep, she's not nat." i told johnson, who i was on the phone with.

yes, natalie is staying with me again, at least until she's back to her normal self.

"she's not gonna get over this right away, just be there for her and comfort her, don't push anything, except her eating, she needs to eat. she'll get better though gilinsky." he said through the phone.

"yeah, i'll talk to you later." i said before hanging up.

i walked upstairs, hoping she'd be out of the shower.

i opened my bedroom door and saw natalie cuddled into a pillow. i'm happy she's finally getting some rest.

i took off my shirt and changed into a pair of basketball shorts, before laying next to her under the covers.

i kissed the side of her head before wrapping my arms around her.

"goodnight nat." i said, laying my head back down and drifting off to sleep.

LONG TIME NO READ?

i'm so fucking sorry guys, you know i love you and it's hard to write and come up with ideas and filler chapters like that

BUT 32k+ READS, YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST

don't know when the next update will be, hopefully soon, maybe tomorrow because i'm planning on staying up later than usual.

happy holidays, hope you've spent and had some fun with family and friends.

stay safe and hope you enjoyed the update loves!

- xox lex