"There you are, Zada! I swear, at the speeds you run, I sometimes wonder if your a super, you know?" Bailey jokes as she comes up towards me from behind. My eyes widen a bit when I see Reece flinch. Great, he knows I'm here, watching him.

But does he stop exchanging saliva with a girl he most likely met today to come say hi to his best friend that he's known since forever?

Of course not!

I hear Bailey gasp in shock and outrage but I cover her mouth with my glove before she can say anything. I do not want to give Reece any hints that this is hurting me. So I do want I normally do: act cool.

"Let's find another way to our lockers Bay. I don't want to vomit from the sight before me. Talk about no kissin' skills, ew!" Yup, I act like a douche but hey, that's what best friends do. Don't worry, judging by how suddenly Reece flinched, I'll definitely be hearing about this in Bio class. Until then, this time I grabbed Bailey by the arm and dragged her in a different direction from Reece and his girl toy.

It's the nicest word I can think of to call her. I hate to be mean towards others, it's just not me.

"The nerve of that guy!" Bailey exclaims when we finally reach our lockers. Luckily, we're side by side. She furiously opens hers and shoves her jacket, knocking something in her locker over.

"Bay," I warn, wanting her to shut up. I don't need her talking about this here. If she wants, we can go to her place afterwards where she can vent her frustration at me.

Bailey crosses her arms, using her back to shut her locker, "don't Bay me. That guy needs to step it down a huge notch or two. Can't he get it through his thick skull that other people may not be interested in watching him make out with that slut!"

"Bay! Don't call her that! It's not nice." I softly say, hating myself that I'm actually agreeing with what she has to say. Though I definitely won't confess that to her. Then again, she probably knows anyways.

"Actually, slut is the nicest word I'll ever call someone like her. In fact, she should consider herself lucky that I'm not using words like-"

The bell rings, saving me from having to hear Bailey rant about a girl that is causing me serious jealousy issues. I breath a sigh in relieve, pulling out my English novel from my locker and placing it in my backpack. "Well, looks like we gotta head to our classes." I smile kindly up at her.

Bailey glares at me, knowing I have won this time around. "See you in Bio class," she mumbles in defeat and turns around to head to her Chemistry class. I stick my tongue at her jokingly thinking she won't know but in return, Bailey flips me the bird.

"That's a great friend you got there," says a deep manly British voice from behind me. I jump slightly from fright before I turn around to face Charlie.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, a bit too mean for my liking. This is kind of how I act around people I don't really know which, in this case, sucks because Charlie is pretty cute.

Not smoking hot like Reece but cute in his British way. I probably shouldn't be too harsh on him.

Charlie scratches the back of his head while not meeting my eyes, "I was heading to English class when I saw you and I figured that we could walk there together," he smiles sheepishly at me.

That's odd. No guy in the history of guys ever smiled like that at me before. Like never. Knowing that if I refuse, that would result in an awkward walk since we'd both be heading in the same direction, I shrug my shoulders and say, "sure, I guess."

With that, we make our way to English class in, you guessed it, awkward silence. Maybe I should have rejected his offer and just ran to class. It would have spared me this unbearable silence. Actually, maybe I can still runaway.