Five minutes later, Naruto was scanning the surroundings while Takao was still sulking around him, clearly trying to avoid Aoi. The blond hadn't actually seen the place of the battle which was due to occur, only the geological map so he would know which were the best hiding spots and thus, he could predict Team Beta's movement. He was indeed a genius, after all. He let his gaze wonder upon the giant, dusty walls of earth protecting the path from any strong winds. The rocks that might have fallen off the cliffs could have been a huge problem, though. The next step was to set camp into a cave and wait for nightfall, when all the fun would commence.

~~~Five Hours Later~~~

"Takao." Naruto placed his gloved hand on the Oharo's shoulder, keeping him from walking away. Takao gritted his teeth before he turned around to face him. "You'll have plenty of time to settle things with Aoi after this battle. Don't let it affect you and get you injured." The Jinchuriki's advice seemed more like an order which Takao was actually going to listen to.
"Yeah," He sighed heavily. "Fine."
Naruto's gaze softened slightly upon seeing him like that. For a second, he tightened his grip of his shoulder to comfort him but soon pulled his hood back up and left the dim light of the cave with Takao following his steps.

A small sense of relief came over the Uzumaki right from the moment he felt a pulsing chakra signature he had identified as being Sasuke's. His gaze wondered over the greenish edges of the canyon where he could faintly see minuscule light, probably coming from Nawaki's signaling torch. Unbeknownst to the Oharo, the Mukami had another row of shinobi surrounding Team Beta, which would secure the latter's chances of winning the battle. Naruto was the one who had been giving orders to the Mukami all along. He amplified his hearing to hear Kou's calm voice.

"Everyone's ready, Naruto. Can you hear me?" Naruto hummed lowly in response, his eyes fixed on the shine of a blade raised cautiously in the air. "Then let's get this started." The Jinchuriki could almost feel the satisfied and dark smirk on Kou's lips. That's because they both had it. Just as the battle was about to begin, Ryoko's voice resonated throughout the canyon.
Naruto's curiosity grew. As far as he had been informed, there was no 'motivating speech' bound to be held. He turned his head to see the Oharo leader stand on a flattish boulder as the others gathered around him.
"There appears to be a small leakage in our clan, my fellow ninja." He had his eyes narrowed as if he was scanning the crowd. Naruto's widened slightly for a few seconds when he felt a malicious intent coming from someone hidden in the shadows. And that was when he realized what was about to happen. All of his questions had suddenly been answered.

Before Ryoko could say more, a blade was pressed against his throat as a figure appeared behind him with hate in his eyes. There was no sound. Only a deadly silence that no one dared to break.
"A-Aoi?" Takao managed to choke out. "What are you doing?" His voice was weak and seemed somewhat dead. Ryoko could only gape with his eyes open wide, his hands constantly gripping Aoi's arm that was holding the blade.
"I'm taking the life of one of my brother's criminals." Aoi growled.
"You could have warned us too, you know?" Kurama puffed his cheek indignantly.
"It would have spared you of the fun." Naruto smirked slightly.

"What do you mean?" Takao was now ready to jump into action, his fists clenched in distress.
"That day when our clan was attacked by those two traitors, this bastard ordered some of our own to go and hold them back while the rest if us evacuated the hideout. But he knew that the Shadow was much more powerful than all of us in one place and he still sent them anyway! They all died, including my brother that had his throat sliced open!" The grey-eyed man spat with hurt and disgust. Takao's eyes widened. He had no idea of what his best friend had been going through all that time.