Chapter 11

Bethany's POV
I get to school later then I intended. I decided to walk instead of taking my car, i needed some alone time before the long day ahead.
When I walk through the door I realise no one is giving me the usual stares. It's odd and not what I'm used to but I like having the attention off me for a change. I walk to my locker where I find Elle standing impatiently clearly waiting eagerly to tell me something.
"Hey Elle. What's up?" I ask trying to sound cheerful.
"Bethany. You. Will. Never. Guess. What." She says barely containing her excitement.
"Oh no is someone pregnant again? God do these girls not know what contraception is. And don't even get me started on the boys." I say trying to be sarcastic.
"Shut up. It's even better. Guess who just came out as lesbian." She says practically jumping up and down. I blush bright red. But I quickly recover praying to God she didn't notice.
"Who?" I say with genuine interest.
"Our own schools bad girl. Lexi." She says eagerly awaiting my reaction. She must be satisfied with it as she takes my hand and pulls me towards our form room. She continues to talk about what I assume is Lexi, I don't catch any of it. The whole world has stopped spinning. My mind can't comprehend what's just happened. Suddenly my mind is hit with a thousand questions. Why did she do it? Is she actually a lesbian? Am I? Has she told anyone about that night? What am I going to do when I see her?
Across the hallway is Lexi. She looks happy considering she's the talk of the school. Shit. She's heading my way. She barely even acknowledges me. She walks past me with her head held high.

Lexi's POV
I don't know why I did it. I guess I've always known. Ever since my first time with Declan. Sure at the time I thought I loved him but no guy has ever made me feel the way Bethany has. I don't care if people know or not.
Wanting to escape the drama I text Adam to find out where he is. Luckily for me he's in our usual spot. I text him that I'm coming round. He replies with just a K. God he knows how to annoy me. But I still love him.
I creep up behind him and slide into his lap after being satisfied with his scared face. He's such a wuss behind the act.
"Hey sexy." I say kissing his cheek like we always do.
"Hey baby girl." He responds. He smirks at me, I know he knows the gossip.
"Shall we address the elephant in the room or would you prefer to smirk at me like that all day?" I say jokingly.
"You did it for her didn't you?" He asks getting serious but still making light of the situation.
"Shut up no. I did it for me." Which is half of the truth. I did do it for me. I but I also did it for her. To show her I'm not ashamed to love her. Deep down I know she's ashamed to love me not just because I'm a girl but because of who I am and where I'm from.
"Alright lesbo. If you say so." He says winking at me. Adam always knows how to improve my moods.

Bethany's POV
Before I know it I'm sitting at my usual lunch table, today has been a blur. My mind has been going to some dark places, I keep waiting for the confrontation from my peer. I know deep down they have no idea about me and Lexi but it's almost like I'm convinced they can smell her on me? Like that's even possible. I'm just paranoid I suppose. I still regret what I did, but she doesn't understand. She never will. Even the thought of these people surrounding me knowing about me and her makes me feel queasy. I don't know how's she's done it, I know she's fragile even if she won't admit it. I'm amazed that this hasn't broke her. Am I making to big of a deal about it? No I know what would happen. I have to keep pushing her out of mind.
I start to finally engage with my friends. I've barely muttered two words all morning.
Suddenly everyone's voices die down, all eyes are looking in my direction. Shit. They can smell her on me. Tears form in my eyes. My hands start shaking. I look behind me, that's when it becomes clear to me, they're not looking at me they're looking at Lexi. She's just walked into the room. Alone. I have to applaud her bravery. I could never do this.
She's standing on top of the table. Shit, she's looking right at me. I can't help but blush. I look away before anyone can notice.

Lexis POV
Never in my life would I have believed you if you told me I was about to make a speech in front of all my peers. By choice might I add. All for a girl. God even I would beat me up for this it's so lame.
I look Bethany right in the eye before I say anything so she knows I'm talking about her. I know better then to drag her out of the closet. I totally would but I know she would never forgive me if I did and deep down I don't want that.
Here goes nothing.
"Firstly i'd like to thank Katie here for letting me use her table to stand here and tell you all to go fuck yourselves. Not only have you douche bags spray painted my locker with some homophobic slurs. Which was real original. But you seem to be missing the point of why I came out. You think I did it for the bants? To get you all talking about me? No. I did it for a girl. Gosh you're so immature, you don't have to look so repulsed, you're not even my type. Yeah I'm talking to you Brenda. This girl. She's special to me, you all know her, in fact she's sitting in this very room. I came out to show her it's not so bad, but I take that back. I can handle it, I don't have a good reputation like she does, the way you're treating me would break her. I know it and she's knows it. I'm addressing you and only you when I say this. I would go through this every day just to be able to call you mine, to hold your hand in public, to kiss your lips without worrying who sees. It's worth it believe me. But most importantly, you don't get to walk into my life, make me feel things I've never felt and then walk away when it gets to difficult. I'm not going to stand up here and beg for you to love me back. I already know you do. When will you admit it? Anyway, I'm getting bored standing up her. Closet girl you know where to find me when you change your mind."

i jump down and walk out without saying another word.