Chapter two - Bethany

"Morning sweetheart, will you be going into school today?" My mum asks.
I've missed school twice in a row now, which isn't like me. When I confronted Martin about what he said to Alexandria - I mean Lexi , he didn't even deny it. He just said "what do you expect? Lexi is hot plus she puts out, you've only let me sleep with you once."
I broke up with him then and there. I decided to just go home in order to keep my cool and not make this whole thing into a big issue. But i haven't been able to bring myself to leave the house since. I don't think I care that much about the break up, I just feel so embarrassed of what he said and in front of all his friends. I have a reputation to uphold i can't let people like him tear it down so easily. Not that I care to much about my reputation, I don't, but no way am I going to let him ruin any that I have. Most importantly I hate the way he objectified the girl, just because she's poor and he's rich he thinks he can get with her. It makes me sick. I know about his past hook-ups. I'm not stupid but maybe i would have cared more if we spent anytime at all together, but i never seem him except when he needs me for some dumb social function with his family. So it's not like this is going to be some major loss for me. I'm just worried about going into school and having to face the drama surrounding the whole ordeal. More importantly, i'm scared to face Lexi. She's intimidating enough, the fact that she's drop-dead gorgeous makes it 10x worse.
Word got around pretty quickly about the break-up, now my so called friends won't shut up about how I'm not with Martin anymore and how it's such a big shock to the school. Except for Elle, she's been my bestfriend since we were toddlers. Thankfully, she's not wrapped up in all this high school drama unlike my other 'friends.' She's a real friend, the kind that will support you through anything, she knows all my secrets and I know all of hers. The other girls pick up on this and always try to form the same kind of relationship with me but I know I couldn't trust them, not like i can trust Elle.

When I don't respond my mother leaves the room closing the door silently. I haven't told her yet, I know she will be disappointed, she liked Martin very much, she was close with his family even before we dated. I hope it doesn't effect their friendship.

I sigh and hurl myself out of bed. I'll have to face these people eventually, it might as well be today. I get ready quickly, not caring about my appearance for once and phone Elle hoping she'll accompany me through the day.

As me and Elle walk into school it's hard to miss the stares and sly whispers. I hold my head high acting like the bitch they all love.
"Hey Bethany, are you okay?" Elle asks
"Yeah I'm okay, I guess I expected this, after all we were the schools 'hottest couple'" I say with sarcasm.
Elle laughs. I just smile still feeling a bit down and embarrassed.
The bell rings and Elle leaves for her lesson saying she'll meet me at our usual spot afterwards. Thankfully I have a free period. I don't think I could face walking into a classroom right now . As I walk down the corridor towards the toilets I notice bright red spray paint all over Lexi's locker. It says "home wrecker" in big bold letters. I gasp and head to the toilet hoping to find some sponges to wash it off with before classes get out.

Lexi's POV
I shut the toilet door just wanting some peace. All I've heard this morning was people chanting "home wrecker, home wrecker." And to top it all off they even spray painted my damn locker. I found the smartass who did that and beat him senseless. I don't know why they're all kicking up a fuss about this. Sure I feel bad for what I did and maybe I shouldn't have done it, but I couldn't stand to see her with that sleaze bag. What am I saying, as if I care.
Someone enters the toilet. I'm torn between staying silent to avoid another confrontation from one of the schools sheep or to go out there and find some reason to beat this girl up to release some anger. I step out all ready to pick a fight when I realise it's Bethany, perfect taking down the school queen will be a laugh. She turns around and looks shocked to see me. Looking at her makes all my anger vanish which is strange no ones ever had that effect on me. God she looks beautiful today, no girl in this school can match her, she's 100% the hottest girl i've ever laid eyes on. What am I saying she's still just a rich bitch. She smiles at me and I swear I could feel my heart melting. But I quickly recover, she's not the only one with a reputation to uphold, I'm what most at this school call "a bad girl" I can't stand the title but I fit the description.

Bethany's POV
I was shocked to see Lexi in the toilet. Normally she avoids anywhere that she might encounter people. Most people would be scared of being alone with this girl, she definitely has a history of violent outbursts but for some reason I feel at peace in her company. I've never looked at her properly before this moment, I Always knew she was pretty that much was obvious, but looking at her now even in her old hoodie and jeans she looks hot. I suddenly snap out of it realising i'm biting down on my lip.
"Lexi, I am so sorry, I never knew people would react like this, well I did but I thought either me or Martin would be the victims not you, I never intended for you to get caught up, it all just happened so fast please say you forgive me?"
I'm rambling I'm sure she didn't catch a word of that but still I stare at her hopefully waiting on her answer. Why am I apologising? She should be apologising to me. Normally I'm a bitch for reputation reasons but for some reason my brain can't think of anything negative to think about this girl. If anyone could hear me right now, it would definitely raise some eyebrows. With a smirk on her face she responds.
"Sure I'll forgive you...for a price."
She takes a few steps towards me, my heart is racing so fast.
"W-w-what's the price." Did I just stutter? Why does this girl make me feel so nervous. She whispers in my ear, I feel shivers run down my spine.
"Do you know where I live?"
I nod.
"Meet me there tomorrow, I need your help with something. Bring your car."
The bell rings and she rushes out of the bathroom before I have a chance to respond.