Chapter one - Lexi

"LEXI COME DOWN HERE!"
Crap. That's it he's caught me I'm done for. RIP me.
"LEXI DO NOT MAKE ME COME UP THERE!"
No way am I sticking around for another one of my dads lectures.
I jump out of my window and head to school, noticing half way that I'd completely forgotten to get my bag. Oh well, it's not like I was planning to use it anyway. 
I get to school an hour late, arriving at my first lesson just as the bell rings, no point going in and explaining myself so I walk off to find my friends.
As always I find them sitting behind the back building. All the 'rough' kids also known as the school scum sit behind here. Past generations of downtown kids moved sofas and chairs behind the old building, I'm sure they used to be in good condition but now they're old and tattered.
"Hey lexi." They all say in unison.
These girls basically worship the ground I walk on, most girls would love to have that kind of respect but personally I can't stand it. I never get an honest opinion or a decent conversation, they say what they think will please me most.
"Hey girls and Adam."
Adam is my best friend, the only one in the group who doesn't suck up to me. Nice guy but likes to keep bad company. That bad company being us. He's quite a handsome guy I guess, even though he's from downtown he's slept with half the girls in our grade including all the girls in our friendship group. Except for me, despite many attempts. 
"Want a smoke?" Adam asks, he winks at me.
Knowing him he's offering me more then a typical cigarette.
We all sit in silence for what feels like forever. The only problem with this so called friendship group is that we have nothing in common at all, unless you count the fact that we're all broke as hell. The group is made up of a real mixture of people. Which is nice in some ways, but more often then not we struggle to keep a conversation going. I guess if i was to dig deeper i could say that the bond between us is so strong that we don't need pointless conversation, were just content being in each others company. Or more simply, it's because we're all stoned half the time. But no matter what I've got their backs and they've got mine. 

"Hey Lexi wait up." I hear someone calling from behind me. Can't i just walk to my next lesson in peace for once. I say to myself sighing loudly to let whoever it is know i'm not in the mood. 
Ugh god, it's Martin and his stupid preppy friends. The best way to describe Martin is to say he is  the polar opposite of Adam, both good looking boys, both have slept with half our grade but Adam is a stud, Martin is just a sleaze who sleeps with paralytic girls because no one sober wants to be near him. What makes it worse is that because he comes from a rich background, he thinks he can get away with that kind of jackass behaviour. And to top it off he has a girlfriend! Not just some regular hottie, no, he's dating  the schools Queen, who doesn't know about all his past hook ups of course. But since she's the queen I guess that makes him the king of this stupid school. 

"Can I help you?" I say rudely. Adam and the gang are standing behind me. Like i said, we have each others back. 
"I was wondering what you're doing later on? Because I was hoping I'd be doing you." He says smirking. He looks back at all his douche friends who are all cracking up. God what a  bunch of sleaze's, not only is he repulsive and so not my type but like i said, he has a girlfriend. She's not only the schools queen, she's Bethany Rose, the richest girl i town. Not to mention she's drop dead gorgeous. That's why I hate her and all her stupid uptown friends. They have life so easy.

"Speak to me again and I'll beat you into the ground okay?" I say it and I mean it, he wouldn't be the first or last guy I beat up at this school.
i know he's going to make some kind of 'witty' comeback that is sure to make all of his friends laugh hysterically. To my surprise, he goes incredibly silent. He even looks a little bit nervous. I follow his gaze to see what hes starring at. Approaching us is Bethany. No wonder he looks nervous. I can't help but smile at the thought of the scene that's about to unfold. Even from a distance she looks gorgeous as always, dressed in her little skirts that show of just enough skin to drive anyone insane. She has the perfect body for a model and she knows it. God I hate her. I look down at my own outfit, jeans and an old crop top accompanied by my brothers old doc martins. I'm not ashamed of the way I dress or where I come from, unlike them I don't need money or boys to make me happy.
I can't resist the drama of telling her what a sleaze her precious Martin is. I can see all of my friends eagerly awaiting for this to all unfold. Some of them are probably hoping it ends in a fist fight. I definitively know Adam is.  But most are just along for the quality entertainment. 
"Hey martin, hey guys." She says and kisses her boyfriend on the cheek.
"Hey you're Alexandria right?" She smiles at me warmly as if we've been friends for years.
What a bitch she knows I don't go by that name.
"It's just Lexi. Oh and  before I go I just wanted you to know that Martin here thinks he has a chance of sleeping with me tonight. Isn't that right Martin?" I say looking him in the eyes. His expression is priceless. I can practically hear his brain rushing around to try and explain all of this. " You've really got yourself a keeper there princess."
Her face drops, she looks hurt for a split second before she realises she's got an image to uphold. I feel bad for a millisecond but I pull myself together and walk away. In the distance I hear screaming, hopefully she dumps that prick she deserves better. What am I saying? They deserve each other preppy idiots. 

After a long day off batting off peoples stupid stares and whispers about the schools queen and king. I head home , already dreading my dads wrath for walking out this morning. Thankfully when I walk in no ones in sight. I see a note on the side. "Lexi -
I've gone on a business trip, money's in the usual place."
I sigh. This isn't uncommon but I still hate the feeling of being alone, especially in this neighbourhood. I don't know why he always lies and says he's going on a business trip. I figured out that he was going on Benders when i was 6. It's not like he hid it very well. I lock up and head straight to bed, not bothering with eating thinking it's better to ration food since I have no idea when anyone will be home.