Luke x Reader

I woke to a painful throbbing in my head, with a groan I sat up in my bed. I had had the strangest dream last night. In the dream I had been taking a peaceful stroll in the woods on the border of camp, not something unusual for me. I had stopped to admire a blue jay singing it's song, and suddenly a pain had shot through my head and the distinct ringing that you hear when you hit your head hard overcame any other sound.

     Wait. Why do I feel like I'm on a lower bunk, and why is it so comfortable? Why is it so bright in here? My cabin is right in front of the trees, and the trees block out the morning sun. And why does it smell like salt water? Why do I feel like I was hit hard on the head?

     Sitting up, I took in my surroundings . To my surprise I was not in my cabin, but an unfamiliar place. Looking around me,it looked like one of those rooms that someone would rent on a cruise ship. Which would probably explain the saltwater breeze. As I stumbled onto my feet, my ears starting to ring a bit, I saw a round open window. Reaching the window in three uneasy steps, I saw an endless expanse of deep blue. Yep, I was definitely on a cruise ship. But how did i get on one? And why? I'm starting to think that my dream was in fact not a dream.

     Just as I decided to try leaving the room to discover where I was I heard the door behind my swing open. "Oh, I see you're up Sleeping Beauty." I froze upon hearing the familiar voice, I hadn't heard it since last summer. "Well, are you going to just stand there like that? It appears uncomfortable. Or are you going to turn around and talk to me? I assume you have a lot of questions, especially about how you got here." The voice said with an obvious hint of amusement.

      "Yeah, here's a question Luke. Why did you do it?" I asked without turning around, my fingers twitching slightly with anxiousness. "Hmm? Do what?" Luke asked slowly. "Why'd you betray us?" I asked, finally turning around with a glare. "Don't take it so personally, (Y/n). I really only betrayed the gods, anyone who is backing them is foolish. I didn't really betray you and the camp, you still have the choice to change sides." Luke said, finally stepping into the room while closing the door behind him.

     "You didn't betray the camp? The camp is on the gods' side, and always will be, so you did betray us. And in the process of your betrayal you almost killed an innocent boy!" I scoffed, my arms crossing over my chest. "(Y/n, your speaking as though you and the gods are working together, as if you're equals. You and I both know that's not true, we're just pawns to them. As for Percy. I didn't want to kill him, but he got in the way; I'd kill anyone who gets in the way. I'm quite surprised he made it out alive, I suppose he must be stronger than he looks." Luke argued sincerely.

     "Okay, so why did you bring me here? What was your point? You know I'm not on your side." I questioned, plopping onto the edge of the plush bed. "You aren't, yet. I brought you here so I could win you over to my side. That way I won't ever have to kill you." Luke explained, crossing over to the bed in a few strides and sitting down next to me.  To my surprise I didn't scoot away, in fact I almost felt like I was getting pulled into him as though he was a magnet.

     "Why me? Why not Annabeth?" I asked, looking up into his blue eyes. His eyes are so beautiful, I knew they were pretty but I never fully realized how beautiful they really are. "Because, Annabeth is blind and friends with Percy. Anyways, you're different. I don't ever want to see you get hurt, especially when I could prevent it." Luke spoke quietly. He lifted a hand up and brushed some hair behind my ear, his hand resting on my cheek. Silence settled between us. "Luke, do you-" I asked, not knowing how to voice my question. Does Luke love me? How do I ask him something like that?

     Luke awkwardly cleared his throat, removing his hand from my cheek. "Uh, you should probably get changed, the others wouldn't like that camp t-shirt of yours. There's clothes you can wear in the wardrobe." Luke explained, standing up and stuffing his hands in his pockets. Apparently he didn't want to talk anymore,  and as I stood up he started making his way to the door.

     I took a step towards the wardrobe, Luke behind me opening the door to leave, but a thought occurred to me. I haven't ever told Luke how I feel, and I know I can't stay here. I have to get back to camp, I can't join Kronos's side. This may be the last chance I ever get to tell him. "Hey, Luke?" I called, watching his retreating figure. He jolted to a stop, then turned around and looked at me, not leaving the doorway. "Yes?"

     I jogged across the room, grabbed Luke's face, and pulled it down so our lips could meet. The kiss wasn't fast and passionate, or rough, or slow and sweet. The kiss was more soft and quick, just a hint of emotion behind it. The kiss was just enough to get my feelings across. "(Y-Y/n), I.... w-what?" Luke said, stumbling over his words. "I love you. Now, get going."  I said with a smile. "I-I love you too." Luke barely had enough to get out his sentence before I pushed him out and shut the door.

     'I can't believe I just did that!' I thought giddily as I skipped over to the wardrobe. Maybe I could stick around, just for a little while.