Hermes x Daughter! Reader: Thanatophobia

Thanatophobia - The fear of death   You're obviously a demigod.

  Hermes' P.O.V

     I jumped at the sound of the ear piercing scream. I turned around to see (Y/n) falling to the ground as a sword was ruthlessly pulled from her gut. I dropped what I was doing and rushed to the other end of the street. I don't know what the mortals saw, but I saw a heartless enemy demigod attack an innocent girl. 

     I pushed through the crowd that was beginning to gather around the trembling form of my daughter. I dropped to my knees beside her and pulled her into my arms as the tears collected in my eyes. I heard the dialing of a phone, most likely to 911, but I knew by time the ambulance arrived it would be too late.

     "Father?" (Y/n) choked out, which was followed by coughing up some blood. "Yes (Y/n)?" I asked tearfully. How could someone be so cruel as to attack someone they didn't know. "I'm scared." She whispered hoarsely. "You don't have to be scared, because I promise, if it makes you feel better that is, that I'll be with you every step of the way." I said, the tears falling down my cheeks. (Y/n) just closed her eyes and nodded her head.

     I held her hands as she took her last labored breaths. I held back a sob and stood on my feet. Ignoring the fact that I was surrounded by mortals I disappeared from the scene. When I opened my eyes again I was sitting next to (Y/n). She didn't seem to notice me yet and she was looking around frantically, probably for me. "I'm right here, don't worry, everything is going to be okay." I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. (Y/n) looked up at me with a smile, then moved in and hugged me. "Thank you for honoring your promise."

________________________________________________________________________________

     Yeah, that's that. I think it sucks, it is definitely not my best work. I just don't know how to make it better. -Rosa (Amestris)