Ethan Nakamura x Reader: Sonophobia

Sonophobia - The fear of loud noises   In this one Ethan survived the war and you're each 20-21.

     I let out another screech as the thunder rumbled overhead. I futility tried to wrap myself tighter in my blanket and curl deeper into my plush bed. By now I was curled up in a tiny ball in the center of my bed wrapped up tightly in my big, soft comforter. I'm surprised that I'm able to comfortably breath, or at least as comfortably a terrified person could, in the tight wadded up blanket.

     I winced at the sickening crack that was heard as a lightning strike made contact with something outside. I hoped that Ethan stayed at his work and didn't try to drive through the intense storm, but I also hoped he did, that way he could get home and be here for me. I absolutely hate the spring, mainly because of the constant showers that can turn into nightmares. I would honestly choose a blizzard to a thunder storm in a heartbeat.

     The sky grumbled again and I could faintly see the bright light that followed. The storm was directly over mine and Ethan's small but comfortable home. The house has already been out of power for an hour and has many candles lit and placed strategically. Which means the house come tomorrow morning will smell of a mixture of many sweet flavors. 

     A soft meow was somehow heard over all of the commotion going on outside. It also helps that Raven's soft, padded paw tapped on the blanket covering me. I wrestled with my blanket until I successfully popped out from under the blanket. As expected my black cat Raven was sitting beside me waiting for me to give her my attention. "What is it Raven?" I asked as the cat jumped from my bed and sassily trotted towards the cracked open door.

     Reluctantly, I rose from my pitiful position on my bed and followed the feline out of the room. I walked down the serene candlelit hall that was undisturbed from the storm outside. I silently followed until I found myself in front of the door to the outside. Raven, without a sound, jumped onto the small side table right beside the door. She tilted her head to the window right beside her as though to tell me to look through it.

        I stepped forward and pushed aside the curtain to look through the window. I saw through the pelting rain a familiar car pulling into the driveway. Once parked, the car stopped running. For a few moments everything was silent and still, except for the storm. Then, the driver door to the car opened and closed, and a flash of gray made its way for the door. I rushed to the door and flung it open for Ethan, but I also let in the sound of another roll of thunder.

     Once Ethan was in he closed the door then hugged me, even though he was soaked after being in the rain for less than a minute. My eyes that had been filled with tears many times this evening filled again to the brim and tears slipped silently down my cheeks. I reached up and clutched the back of Ethan's coat while burying my face in his shoulder. "I know, I know, I should've been here sooner. You don't have to worry anymore, you're safe, I'm here." Ethan whispered, running his fingers through my tangled mess of hair. And I believed him, because every time he was with me he protected me from danger.

________________________________________________________________________________

       There is literally only seven more phobias until this little miniseries is finished. -Rosa (Amestris)