Nico x Neko! Reader: Cat life

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

     I let out a comfortable and content sigh as the sun shone down warmly on my back. I love lying in the sun and resting my eyes, listening to all the sounds of the market. I opened my eyes with an irritated glare when I heard one of my comrades' voice. "Hey (Y/n)! Can you go get some food?" Damien, one of my comrades, asked.

     I stood up on the roof we're camping out on and looked down on the bustling market. People don't like my kind, so we go into hiding. My kind? We are nekos, we have cat ears and a cat tail. I reached down and grabbed my black hat, placing it securely on my head. I lifted up my shirt slightly and wrapped my (f/c) (fur color) tail around my (s/t) waist. There, now no one can tell that I'm any different.

     I carefully scaled the wall and safely landed on my feet in the alley. I checked my surroundings for people, a habit of mine. I was just about to walk away when something amazing happened. Which happened to be a very crucial thing in the future. A boy literally appeared out of the shadows, and the shadows were pooling around his feet. He wasn't a sore sight at all; he had paleish olive skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes.

     "Woah." I said awestruck. The boy jumped in surprise and turned to look at me. "D-Did you just see that?" The guy asked. (I literally accidentally wrote gay instead of guy at first. I kind of feel like I should have left it that way.) "Yeah, it was amazing! How'd you do that?!" I exclaimed, completely forgetting my task. "Um..." The guy trailed.

     "Can you travel anywhere like that?" I asked excitedly. "Uh, almost anywhere, yeah." The guy said dumbfounded. "Does that mean you can take me somewhere? Oh, please take me somewhere." I pleaded giving him my kitty cat eyes. What? I can't possibly give him the puppy dog eyes, that would be disgraceful. "What? No way." The guy protested strongly. I think I'll call him gloomy. "I'll tell everyone what you can do." I taunted in a sing song voice. Gloomy rolled his deep brown eyes. "Fine. Where would you like to go?" Gloomy grumbled. "Anywhere." I said with a wide smile.

     He held out his hand and I took ahold of it; it was surprisingly cold, but it had this cold warmth you know. Gloomy took a few steps backwards into the darkness, pulling me along, the shadows consuming us. 

     I don't exactly remember what shadow traveling was like, but I do remember that it was cold, dark, and scary. When the darkness retreated to the light I was standing in a McDonald's restaurant. "McDonald's?" I asked, glancing over at the guy. "What? You said anywhere." Gloomy said, walking up to the counter.

     After Gloomy ordered we went and sat down in one of the booths. "So, what's your name? Mine's (Y/n)." I said  awkwardly, looking up from my hands which were neatly placed in my lap. "It's Nico." He said dully. "Nico? I like that name." I said smiling. "Uh, thanks." Nico said, a light blush being applied to his cheeks by natural causes.

     "Order 151." The worker called from behind the counter. "I'll be right back." Nico said, getting up from the booth and going up to the counter. He came back with two Happy Meals, and set one down in front of me. "Oh, um, thank you." I thanked as Nico sat down across from me. "Don't mention it." Was his reply.

     "Well, we or I should probably get back. Damien and Corry are probably worried about me." I said as we stood out side McDonald's in an alley."Damien and Corry? You didn't tell me about them." Nico asked. "Oh, they're my comrades I was talking about." I explained. While we were in McDonald's we started talking to each other about our lives. Nico told me about his sister, Bianca, and how she died. (Crying on the inside.) And I told him about how my parents kicked me out. Nico even told me how he's a demigod, his biggest secret. And I don't even have the courage to tell him mine.

     "Oh, okay. Well we better get going." Nico said, holding his hand out for me to take. I took his hand in my own, and we were enveloped in darkness once again. This time it was windier and darker, colder. I didn't even feel my hat get blown away. We arrived in the middle of a dark sidewalk, the only light coming from a street lamp above us.

     Nico looked at me with a smile, but it quickly turned to a look of shock. His eyes traveled from my face to the top of my head. "What?" I asked, then I felt my eyes dilate in realization. My hands shot up to my head, covering my fluffy ears. "You're a neko. Why didn't you tell me?" Nico asked, I could hear the confusion and disappointment in his voice. "B-Because I'm a freak. Society hates me." I said, moving my hands to cover my face, my ears flattening down on my head.

     I jumped when someone started scratching behind one of my ears. I almost let out a purr, but I restrained it. That would have been embarrassing. "You're not anymore of a freak than I am." Nico said, starting to rub both my ears. "But you're not a freak." I said  with a happy sigh, it's been forever since someone has pet me. Does that sound weird? That sounds weird. "Then you aren't either." Nico confirmed.

     "Man, you're ears are really soft." Nico said, which I giggled at. "No, they really are."

______________________________________________________________________________________

     I'm sorry that it took me so long to post this. I have literally had this finished in my notebook since Monday, and I'm just now posting it. I feel bad about that. But guys literally I only have roughly 17 or 16 days left of school. I am literally in the last stretch and I can't wait for it to be over. -Rosa (Amestris)