I couldn't help but wonder if he was slowly falling out of love with me. Call it my paranoia or my insecurities, but I felt something was not right. No matter how many times he blamed it on his schedule and school work, I just couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong. Something felt wrong.
He didn't even come home during the last holidays and he never explained why. It wasn't like I could just waltz into NAUN and demand to see him. I exhaled, turning slowly to the wallpaper of us on my phone's screen. I missed it. I missed him. I missed how being close to him that way always made me happy. How it always made me smile.

My phone churned again just as Jeremiah's message appeared on my screen, covering our faces.

"You still haven't heard from him have you?"

It was funny how I was able to build some sort of bond, some sort of a relationship online with a total stranger I had never even seen. Funny how I even opened up to him about almost everything. About Luke and I most importantly. Jeremy was the only reason I was able to get through everything those past few months. He always kept me company and always texted to see if I was doing okay. He was a friend. A friend I was getting really comfortable with. A friend I wanted to share almost everything with, even though I didn't know why. Maybe it was because we clicked most of the time. He understood me. I always felt that even though he didn't talk much about himself, he was just like me, lonely. Someone that just needed someone to talk to. If only he knew the one thing I was scared to let him know.

I let out an exhale.

"Nope."
I texted with so much disappointment.

"But no worries, I'm sure he would when he has time. He's just probably busy with school. NAUN is a hard place you know."

Knock knock.

I dropped my phone quickly the moment my door opened.

"Mummy." I turned around to watch my mother as she hurried into the room with a glass of orange juice in a tray. She had a really huge smile on her face. The smile she always had on when she wanted to ask me for a favor. That explained the orange juice. I rolled my eyes. "What do you want this time mum?"

I watched her drop the tray on my table and then clean her hands on her white apron, turning back to look at me.

"Who said I wanted anything?"

I raised my brows because I knew she was lying. She rolled her eyes.

"Okay I want something."

Exactly what I was waiting for.

"I um- there's this get together my friends are planning."

"You mean those rich women you just met."

"Friends." She corrected. "They are my friends now."

"Mum, you've literally only just met them three days ago, you're like the third wheel. They make you agree to spend on everything and pay the bills every time you all go out, you even get them nice expensive gifts so they could agree to hang out with you, they are leaching off you and you don't even realize that."

"I do not."

I pursed my lip. She did. She knew she did. I watched her stare at me for a while and then blinked twice before she exhaled.

"Okay I do but that's not the point." She continued. "We are meeting at the club today for a get together with our daughters. Like a mother daughter outing and I don't want to go alone and be the odd one out."

I scoffed before she even completed her sentence because I already knew what she was going to say.

"Kora, I know what you're going to say. I know you hate going to the club and hanging out with my friends and you're going to say I don't need them but I do. We do, if we intend to remain relevant-"