Inspiration

The starless night somehow manages to give an eerie glow as if it was shining. The entire school was filled with shouts and cheers as the graduates received their diplomas and made the first baby steps of their new and improved lives. It was truly the best day ever.

What could go wrong?

The sharp white heels that each of the girls walked up to collect their prize that had taken years to collect, clacked on the floor effortlessly. Some girls were overcome with joy and cried tears of delight after shaking the principal's hand and taking their pictures. Memories were going to be made, all sorts of memories.

What could go wrong?

The projection screen had many wires. Wires that has not been fixed for many years, almost as long as the girls took to collect their prize. They lay loosely about the isle that the girls walked in, each girl skipping over it with ease. Their heels clacked effortlessly.

What could go wrong?

The guest of honour, tired of her long and dreading speech that left her completely dehydrated drank water from her bottle, occasionally putting it down to clap and smile at the lucky graduates. She never noticed the leak, or the small trail of water forming from it. Eventually she walked away.

What could go wrong?

The graduates marched on faster, each one more excited to go up and collect her reward then the last. Their heels clicked on the ground effortlessly.

What could go wrong?

The faulty wires lay on the floor. One girl hastily tripped over them before she caught her balance once more. They sat in the way, right in the middle of the isle. The water inched closer.

What could go wrong?

The school saved the best for last. The number one student of the graduating class of the year! She was far too excited to walk. She wanted to collet her diploma and trophy as soon as possible. Her heel clacked with a hard clunk on the ground.

All the onlookers smiled. Everyone was watching...

What could go wrong?

The final graduate slowly broke out into a slow jog, then began running.

What could go wrong?

The wires were still in the way...

What could go wrong?

The water finally made contact with the wires.

What could go wrong?

The graduates heel broke.

What could go wrong?

The water caused the wires to spark and ignite.

What could go wrong?

She stumbled and fell into the water...

What could go wrong?