Grandma's House

"I had a miserable childhood. I was bullied by my older brother, hated by younger sister and neglected by my parents. They only saw how cute my sister was and how accomplished my brother was. He could play the piano, was captain of the football team, valedictorian of his class and on his way to getting a scholarship to Harvard.

Me on the other hand, I don't even think they saw as anything. I don't even have the pleasure to saw they saw me as a disappointment or nuisance to them. Frankly I was nothing to them. It wasnt like I was stupid and worthless. I worked hard to keep my grades up, to get trophies and certificates. But when I showed them, they never even recognized my presence, leaving me sad and frustrated and trying to figure out why my parents didn't love me. I had no friends except for the countless ones I made up. I was not ignored at school, although I wish I was.

I was bullied relentlessly at school. The boys, the girls, the teachers, the principal, the nerds, the geeks, the bullies' victims hell even the special ed. kids took a shot at me. I was the kid that everyone would pick on if you were being picked on, needed a kick or just felt like it.

Anyone who would try to be my friend, ended just doing it to get money, as a sick joke or just to bring it my attention that I would never have friends and I should just stay away from anyone. So I went home everyday either crying, beaten to a pulp or with broken bones. My parents would drop me off in front of the hospital and send someone to pick me up the next day.

I was suicidal, but none of my attempts worked. I only got hurt which made living even harder and I quickly discovered it was a bad idea. Especially when she came. The only person that I could ever love and who ever loved me. My grandma.

She popped up and picked me up from school one day. I didn't question who she was I just went with her. I honestly hoped she was a kidnapper and would take far away to somewhere I never knew but she was much better than that. She took me too her home. Sadly my family was also there but as long as she was there I was satisfied.

My parents tried to force my other siblings into her attention. Constantly showing her my brothers awards and my sister's cuteness to no avail. I was her favourite and nothing could change her mind. Every now and then I would see my family members giving me a dirty look or two but it didn't matter. Even when I came home looking black and blue as long as Grandma was there to help, I was happy.

My grandma was a thousand times better than my parents. Once at a piano recital I had I messed up and froze on stage. I walked off the stage to the backstage while everyone in the audience gasped. Except for my parents. While my father laughed and my mother shook her head in disappointment, my Grandma ran back stage and comforted me until the recital was over.

Eventually I started going to a closer school in the area and made some friends and my brother moved out of the house to go to university. And life was much better.

I started to get much better grades and eventually graduated with the best grades of my grade. I didn't have enough to go to school with the money I had been saving up and due to the bad grades I had gotten in my younger years, I couldnt get a scholarship. My parents obviously had no money for me and although they were quite well off, all they money was for my little sister.

But Grandma had money. And she paid for my education without a second thought. She was so wonderful. So amazing. So kind. I was so blinded by her kindness that I never even realized that when I left to go to school, I left her with my cruel family. I talked to her everyday, but eventually things at school got to complicated and I stopped talking for her.

It took me years to finally get back in touch with her. In those years I had gotten married to my beautiful wife, had kids and even became a politician. That's when my parents started to praise me, when I was in the public's eyes. When they could use me just to brag about me to their friends. They still never loved me and I did my best not to associate with them. But that's when I find out what they did.

Those monsters. They put my Grandma in a retirement home. She wasn't even that old, she just needed some extra attention that I would be glad to give. But they didn't call me, no they just shipped her away to a retirement home and left her to rot. And rot she did. I never even got to say bye to her before she died. The only parent I ever had, gone and I never even got to say bye. I'm never going to forgive them. Never! That's why I called you,"

The shady looking man in the black trench coat sitting across from me took the cigar out of his mouth. "I never asked for your backstory kid I just want to know who you want me to kill,"

I gulped. I couldn't believe I was doing it. But they deserved it. My grandma spent her last days alone and sad and I couldn't do anything for her. "All of them, kill all of them I don't care. Just make sure my Mom and Dad are dead,"

He smirked, an evil grin from a presumably sadistic man. The more sadistic the better though.

"That'll be $15,000"

"Done,"

"Each"

"Done,"

"And I can do whatever I want to them when I find em?"

"Yes of course they deserve anything you have in store for them,"

The man smirked and walked up to me. He outstretched his hand and I shook it. "Pleasure doing business with you mate," he said as he walked out the door.

I got out of the small apartment we had met in and left. I hoped he would torture them for days. I would avenge Grandma no matter how hard it would. I missed her last days and I was gonna make up for it. I was going to send my whole family to meet Grandma in her new home in the afterlife.