The Girl

We had finally arrived. My best friend Daysha and I had arrived in the country after hours of travel. I hurriedly jumped out of the car to look around at the grass and trees that surrounded us. It was amazing!

I wasn't a big fan of nature, but when I saw the poster at our school asking for volunteers to take pictures of nature to post on the school website, I was quick to tell Daysha. Not only did we get some free camera equipment from the school, but we also got to stay at an amazing and antique house in the country.

I LOVED antiques and I was hooked when I first saw the picture of the house so when Daysha finally agreed and my dad agreed to take both of us to the house I was ecstatic. It was a three hour drive into the isolated country but I was excited and took pictures on the way. I was still admiring the beautiful view when we parked the car on the grounds.

I jumped out excitedly and looked around. "Wow isn't it beautiful Daysha?" I asked. I turned and looked in the car to see Daysha peacefully sleeping with her headphones plugged in. "Daysha!" I yelled until she finally woke up. "Five more minutes," she moaned as she turned to the other side. "No Daysha, we're here," I said as I practically dragged her out of the car.

"Thanks for dropping us off. Bye Dad," I said as I headed towards the house. "Wait Jasmine you almost forgot your phone!" He yelled grabbing my phone from off the front seat and passing it to me. "Thanks Dad remember to pick us up on Monday," I said nonchalantly as I once again turned. "Jasmine wait, are you sure you want to stay here? You're all alone and I can't help you if anything goes wrong. Do you just wanna go home and forget about it?" he asked.

I chuckled, "No Dad, I'm perfectly fine and besides, who's gonna get the pictures if we just back out at the last second? I'll be okay I promise, bye Dad". I turned and walked towards the house and waved goodbye as my dad's car left. I opened the doors with the keys I had been given and looked around in amazement.

The house was grand and amazing. Much bigger than it looked in the pictures. I was so excited that I threw my bags to the floor and began to run around the house and explore all the rooms. There was a pool, a piano, a tennis court everything you could imagine. It was like a paradise. I loved it.

I was about to check if the piano worked when I heard Daysha. "Dang it! There's no food in this entire place. I would of never came of I knew we would of been starving for the weekend! There's not even WiFi here."

She grumbled and sat down on a couch. "Don't worry," I assured. "Everything will work out. I brought food and you can't expect WiFi to be at this old place."

"You're snacks aren't gonna be enough for the both of us for the entire weekend." she scoffed.

I sighed and began to wander through the glorious house once more. I found the bedroom we would be sleeping in and called Daysha.
No matter how sour her mood was I was determined to have a good time. We changed into our pajamas and went to bed. We had gotten there after 10 and it had been a long day and we were both tired.

In the middle of night I heard someone knocking on the door. I assumed it was the wrong address and ignored it. But as the time passed the knocking got louder and more frantic and I decided to stop it before it woke up Daysha as she tended to be very cranky if you woke her up out of deep sleep.

I sleepily marched to the front door but no one was there. The knocking, however, continued. I walked to the back door slowly as the knocking grew louder and louder. Why would someone be at the backdoor at this hour of night? I outstretched my hand to the door but someone slapped it away.

"Daysha!" I shouted in a hushed whisper as she grabbed the door's handle and threw it open. Outside there was a short and petite lady who had a big smile on her face. We both just stared at her and she looked back at us with that obnoxious smile. After a few minutes of awkward silence she finally spoke.

"Hi I'm Rosita what's your name?"

"What's it matter to you?" Daysha said defensively.

"Can I come inside?" she asked completely unperturbed by Daysha's rude remark.

That's when Daysha lost it. "It's the middle of the night! What the hell is wrong with you? Why don't you get lost before I call the cops you creep!"

"But...."

"But nothing get lost NOW!" Daysha screamed before shutting the door and storming back to our room. I eventually followed her to the room and sat on my bed. She had been so mean to that girl, even if she was creepy. Sometimes I wondered why I was even friends with her. I fell asleep thinking about the girl.

I woke up early the next morning to the smell of breakfast cooking. I went into the kitchen to find Daysha cooking a grand meal of bacon, eggs, sausages and pancakes.

"Where'd you get all this food?" I asked her as I sat down. "I heard a knock on the door and when I checked there was a basket with all this stuff in it. Guess that creep left it."

I gulped, "You think its okay to eat all this stuff,"

"Oh Jasmine," she said sarcastically, "She couldn't of put anything in it, we don't even know if it was her who gave it to us," she replied.

She placed a plate in front of me and she sat down at the table across from me and we dug in. We had been talking when suddenly Daysha's head dropped in her plate. Before I could even react I felt sleep taking over and I passed out.

I woke up suddenly. I was still at the table with syrup and crumbs in my hair but Daysha was gone. "Daysha!" I yelled as I got up and stumbled throughout the house looking for her. Just as I was about to head into the living room, passing the front door in the process, something caught my eye.

Rosita was there. She was covered in blood. "My grandmother owned this house but why can't I have it. Everyone else can come except for me. Why do they all have to be rude??? Why did you have to be rude?" she asked revealing the large blood covered knife she was carrying.

I screamed and ran down the hall. I turned down the hall and ran into the lining closet. I hid under one of the shelves, trembling with fear and covering my mouth with my hand as to not make any noise.

But soon I heard footsteps and I was completely silent and still. Too afraid to even tremble any more. I watched in horror as two feet walked in front of the lining closet door and stopped, and the door knob turned and the door slowly opened.

*********************

Monday had finally arrived and Jasmine's father had been driving all night to get there bright and early to pick up his daughter and her friend. But when he arrived they weren't there. He got out of his car and walked towards the house but stopped when a voice called him.

"Hello sir may I help you?" the young lady asked.

"Uhhh I'm looking for my daughter Jasmine, have you seen her?" he replied.

She was silent for a moment before taking his hand. "I may have. I'm the housekeeper I can show you around and maybe you'll find her."

And with that she took his hand and lead him to the front of the house. As they walked through the front door she whispered to him. "My name's Rosita by the way,"

And with that the door slammed shut

The End.