How To Survive A Horror Movie Part 4

August POV

The thundering pop of the bullet made me freeze. I was instantly felt relief when the bullet whizzed past me and hit a nearby antique tea pot. As long as it wasn't me, I was fine. "Who's there!" A high pitched, raspy voice called out. "I know you're there. I could smell you from a mile away ya rascal!"

I turned around to see a wheel chair bound, elderly woman looking around the room wildly. She was as skinny as a skeleton, she had not an ounce of fat on her body. You could practically see her bones, as her pale skin hung loosely over it. She was wearing dark sunglasses and a thin pink dress with tacky white flowers on it. I couldn't tell if she was shivering or shaking but she was definitely jittery and moving around.

"H-Hi," I stuttered.

"Speak up! I'm blind and half deaf," she yelled.

"uhhh Hi! I just came to look around for my friends!" I yelled.

"WHAT?!" She screamed at me.

"I'M LOOKING FOR MY FRIENDS!" I screamed in reply.

"You're friends ain't here, leave! I'm warning you......"

"Alright I'm going," I replied in an annoyed tone. It just felt like everywhere I went was 'dangerous'.

"WHAT!" The old woman yelled but I didn't answer. I turned to walk out the door.

"You didn't break anything did ya! Huh, did ya!" She continued to shout as all I could do was look at the broken teapot on the ground.

"I hope you didn't break anything, 'cause there'll be hell to pay if you did-"

"No I didn't!" I yelled. I was being honest, after all she's the one who broke it. Not me!

"Alrighty then girly! How bout I make us some tea!" She screamed before letting out a nasty cackle that only a witch could have. That's when I heard scurrying upstairs. Someone was definitely upstairs. Someone that could be one of my friends. The old woman had scurried out of the room in her wheel chair into another that I assumed to be some makeshift kitchen. Everything was really old, like as if I had walked straight into a horror movie.

I didn't trust this woman. One minute she's telling me to leave, the next she's inviting me for tea. That was just fishy. I knew the old woman was blind and deaf but I still made sure to be absolutely quiet the entire time I snuck upstairs. The stairs creaked with each step but I still managed to make it upstairs, safe and sound. I was unhappy to find that the upstairs consisted of one hall that lead to a suspicious looking white door.

I walked to it slowly, stopping every now and then to listen to the woman ranting to 'me' when in reality she was talking to herself. My hand slowly touch the cold, brass door knob and wrapped around it. With one twist the knob popped off in my hand, but the door slowly opened. The first thing I saw when I opened the room was a pair of bright green eyes staring back at me. I jumped, scared out of my wits before I realized that it was just a doll. A pale, white, motionless doll with soulless eyes and a cute green bow and dress, complete with white stockings and black shoes. Each frill on her dress seemed as fluid as the long black hair she had.

I was intrigued by her.
I wanted to see her closer.
I needed to examine her.

It was like I was under a spell.... Their spell.... I never even realized I was in the room when I picked her up, but she was amazing. She felt soft, like the smooth skin of a baby. I also realized the many different other dolls in the shelves on the wall. The walls were high and long with thousands of spaces for dolls, yet each doll was different. Well, kind of. Each doll still had the same white pale skin, white stockings and black shoes but the bow, dress and eyes were all different colours. Whether it be magenta, purple, orange, blue, brown, pink, or yellow, each doll had a different colour.