A Sibling's Rivalry

I ran through the forest. "China! I'm sorry China please come back!" I screamed. "I'm so sorry I never meant it!" but of course I got no reply. I screamed for her as I continued to wildly dash through the woods. "China come on I never meant it you are my best friend," I said as I looked for her. I was to focused on calling her that I didn't see the large rock in my path.

I fell down hard and hit my knee. I quickly looked at it to find it was bleeding. It started to rain and I found myself in the perfect scenario to cry. My little sister had ran away in the middle of the woods because of me and my parents were surely not going to be happy and I was hurt and lost in a forest.

I'll start where it all began. When I was four years old, my mother went away to stay at a hospital for a few days (at least that was what I remember) so I was left with my aunt. Then one day she came and there was a baby in her hands. "Chris, this is China and she's your baby sister, you'll take care of her right?" I nodded my head as I looked at the tiny bundle of joy in her arms.

I always played with my sister, I talked to her, I helped my mom feed her and teach her how to walk, even the first word she ever said was my name. I was the best big brother a baby girl could wish for. I told her as soon as she could understand what I was saying that I would be the best big brother in the whole world!

That was until one day. China had gotten into my room and swallowed my pet fish. She was rushed to hospital and although she turned out fine I was really upset.

I had wanted that fish for a very long time and when she swallowed it, no one really cared about the actual fish, they were more worried about China. Then my parents refused to get me another fish because they said that it 'endangered' China. It was reasonable, you know, you don't want your daughter choking on a fish but that didn't register through my young mind.

I thought that my parents were doing it because they never cared about me and my feelings enough. They just cared about China. I stopped playing with her and became desperate for my parents attention. Of course I couldn't get their attention, they had a baby to take care of and I was just being annoying but this just made me even more upset.

I began to hate China and everything she did, of course I never said this to her face but I always gave her dirty looks and we fought ever now and then. Nothing could change my opinion now, even if my parents got me a new fish. I just didn't like her anymore. This lead to a very horrible sibling rivalry.

Since I never liked her anymore, she didn't like me either. At breakfast she would throw her cereal at me, she would call me names and say I was a baby. She would make these annoying faces at me that would make me want to push her down. Worst of all, whenever I did the slightest thing to her she would scream and cry and tell mom and I would be in trouble.

I couldn't take it anymore. How could I live with this horrible girl who would pull my hair while I tried to sleep and scream in my face while I was trying to watch tv. I asked mom several times to take her back to the hospital but she said that she couldn't and wouldn't I didn't care. I told her I would run away if she didn't but she never believed me. I was desperate.

I would pack my bags, run out of the house to the end of the street, and eventually come back. It was pathetic really, but enough to make my mother know something was up. One day my mother called me into her room. To my surprise China was there, holding her hands behind her back and having an embarrassed look on her face.

She held up a card to my face. It was an apology card. I looked through it while my mother said to me. "Christian, China is really sorry for bothering you. She just thought you two were playing. She is promising to be nicer to you but in return you have to be nicer to her,". I was extremely happy. I felt as if I had won a battle and I quickly accepted the apology and went back to doing the usual things.

All Things Go Bump In The Nightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें