An Accident

An accident?! IT WAS JUST AN ACCIDENT! THAT'S WHAT THEY SAY!!!

Well let me tell you something. They are LIARS! They shouldn't call it an accident. They should call it a tragedy, a horrible misfortune, a monstrosity... A mistake, because I know for sure... This was no mere 'accident'.

Do they really think it's an accident when a drunk driver hits you off the road and sends you tumbling down to what you think is your impending inevitable demise? Yet, it's just an 'accident', a simple accident. IT WAS THEIR FAULT! They caused this to me and it was because of their choices and their mistakes...

Let me start from the beginning,

I was driving like any other normal day, when I saw it. A blue Sudan, speeding towards me like there was no tomorrow. I tried honking them to make them slow down but it was no use. They were like a bullet, cruising towards me.... I couldn't stop them. The road was too narrow to swerve out of the way, I was going to get hit. There was no escape.

I tried to brace myself for it but it was no use. The car hit me and I received full impact. It was like everything was in slow motion, like I would sit there in pain and agony forever. The first thing that happened was the windshield shattering from the impact. I still remember the absolute terror and pain I was in, as I was thrown forward into the seat belt, which although it saved me from firing out of the car, still caused me terrible pain.

That's when the tiny shards of glass sprinkled across my face and chest, narrowly missing my eyes but turning my clothes and face to shreds. I tried to shield myself with my arms but it was a useless attempt. My decision to wear a short-sleeved shirt that day, turned out to be the worst decision of my life. I was too slow anyway, by the time all the glass had finished flying towards me, most of the damage was on my face, not my arms... I just wasn't prepared at all, I mean, who would be?

That wasn't the worst part though... On top of being thrown face first into a shower of tiny glass shards, my nose crashed into the steering wheel. The bone was crushed instantly and blood spritzed out of it in a long red stream. I instantly grabbed it and screamed, adding the pain of my broken nose and my ripped flesh into one horrid screech for help.

I remember the warm feeling of blood trickling down the face and on my clothes. Sadly, that was the most enjoyable part of my experience, yet at the time it only signified that this was just the beginning of my pain. I was just recovering from being thrusted so hard into my seatbelt that I couldn't breathe. My chest hurt so bad and got tight so even after that I was gasping for air, but my plight could not stop the forces of gravity moving the car.

I was in too much shock to realize that my car was still going off the road, and down into a ditch. But I can only wish that it was that simple. My car started to slide down into the ditch and all I could do was scream. It flipped over and everything was in slow motion again. It was like it was just starting over again... And again and again.

I remember looking around at everything floating around in my now upside down car. My broken keys were just a few inches from where my hands were up, trying to save myself from impact once again. My mug of hot coffee and had just gotten splashed everywhere, and I could barely think about it as it splashed my thighs.....

The pain in my legs was unbearable but at the same time, the sound of the roof of my car was no different then the sound of my leg breaking from the uncomfortable position it was in. My screams were tuned out and my tears mixed with the sweat on my face. I think it was then I realized that I couldn't just get up and walk away, or run or anything. I was just stuck... Trapped. And it felt like I had been there for hours.

That was just the first flip. My car was still upside down and still had further to go. I only got a quick view of the bone that was sticking out of my leg before my vision turned blurry and red. I wondered if I had hit my head too hard or if maybe this was all to much for me and I was feeling nauseous. It didn't matter. The car kept moving and eventually my purse slammed into my leg with my exposed bone, crushing it back into my body. This times my screams were louder than the sound of the rear view mirrors shattering along with the back windshield. I could now see my blood flying around the air as I cried for it too stop, knowing that it was useless.