A Message From Death

Hello there, I've come to deliver you a message. It's just a simple message, nothing too hard to understand or accept. But of course, you human beings have to complicate everything you hear, so I'll start off simple.

Imagine a beautiful, rich and talented young woman. Now imagine a poor, ugly, uneducated bum living on the street. Do you think these two have anything in common? The differences are obvious but there is one simple connection between them.

Have you guessed it?

Well it's not that they're both really kind people, it's the fact that they are both going to die one day. Yes, it's true, every living thing dies eventually. Don't try and argue with me about artificial life like robots and such. I'm talking about real lives, ones that weren't created with technology or in a lab.

Your life.

Your life as an actual real living creature.

You, your friends, your dog, your rose bush, any and everything that lives.... will eventually die. I'm the only thing that doesn't die. And that's because I have neither lived nor existed. I'm a mystery but I've been solved. I'm omnipresent but I'm not God. I'm not a person, personification or an angel, but I'm always viewed as a taker.

A stealer.

A skeleton in a black cloak with a sickle ready to rob the souls of the living.

I'm The Grimm Reaper

But am I? What am I?

Honestly that's a concept I've had a hard time coming up with myself. Death is not just simply the removal of life, it's much more complex. You can't just pick up a fiction and expect to learn everything about me immediately. That would take years of hard research, but you still probably wouldn't figure it out before I come for you myself and show you.

One thing I'm definitely not is a taker. I'm a reliever. The world you live on is wretched and cruel. Everyone experiences pain throughout their lives. There's no getting away from it. And depending on the things you do in your lifetime you can experience freedom or more pain after death.

Oh and by the way, you're still going to die no matter what you do. But why do people view that as a bad thing?

What's so bad about coming into the sweet, warm embrace of Death and letting me cuddle you into the darkness the lies on the other side. Don't worry, some people say it's cold but that's only for a little bit, but I'm not allowed to specify what exactly happens....

Even those lucky ones that manage to slip out of my grasp, with stories to tell that shock the world of what it's like on the other side, will learn that I have a tight grip. And once they return and the time is right, they will learn how tightly I can hold on.

In all my existence I've never met such strange creatures. Humans are so obsessed with what they fear the most. They have thousands of theories and possibilities of what live after death is like but really, no one knows. Only the dead know. Why are people afraid of the inevitable? You are all going to die, there's no getting away from it. Even if they do manage to make clones in the future, that won't be you living, it'll be your clone. And what's the point of living forever. So that you can watch the world rot along with you dead friends and family?

You are all so complicated. Some of you even want to come and meet me. Some of you come to me before I can reach you. It's quite sad actually, you only get one life and some people choose to throw it away and meet me early. Then there are the others, who fear me more than the devil himself. They waste their earthly treasures on expensive surgeries and make up to try and remain young and escape me.

But there is no escape, and no matter how young you look on the outside, you're dying on the inside. No matter what you do, with every second you take in oxygen and you continue to grow, you are one step closer to me.

The End.

Your Death.

Some people don't understand why we live to die, but that's another question I am not permitted to answer. You could assume control of the world and all its riches. You could be the most powerful entity ever created or the most beautiful deity to ever roam this universe. But you'll die, and everything you've collected will either be passed down or lost.

We live in an eternity that is only going to come to an end. Whether it be an unexpected surprise, or long planned affair, you'll all meet me. One time or another...

You may go to sleep and wake up at the gates of heaven of the shadows of hell, but one day, you'll escape the world that you've grown to love and accept for so long.

A world full of sin, pain, torture but happiness, love and family.

What a strange world you live in,

What a strange world I dwell within,

But there is one simple message I would love to give you before our meet. Whether it be later today, sooner tomorrow, next year, five decades away, or right now.

My message to you is simple:

You are going to die. I'll see you eventually,

I will hold your soul in my hands and I will remember your face and name for the remainder of my existence before you cowardly humans find a way to rid me of your lives. That's when the world will truly end....

This was a good talk, I am glad that I was able to inform you of what you think is you're impending doom. But your death is not your doom, you must understand that when you die, you will be free of most Earthly limitations. Life without life will be easier for you. Believe me.

I will hold you in my embrace one day,

Goodbye,

Signed,
-Death