Break In

I quickly got myself off the ground and back into my fighting stance. "Stop fighting!" Alyssa shouted. "No! We're gonna settle this," I shouted across the street to her. Alyssa was quite obviously scared. Although she was trying to break up the fight, she was at the other side of the street trying to stop it. I wiped my bloody nose and looked and my opponent. Sasha was just standing there, as mad as I was. "Luna just stop!" Alyssa shouted again but I ignored her.

"Sasha you're not winning this fight, get lost," I barked at her.

"You're the one with the bloody nose," she scoffed.

Then we ran at each other and wrestled each other to the ground. Sasha was right, she was a better fighter than me and she knew what to do. She knew all the right places to hit where it hurt.... a lot. She punched me in my stomach,
face and kicked my ankles, legs and thighs till I couldn't stand anymore. I was tired and I gave up.

"That's why you don't go picking fights you can't win," Sasha announced proudly. She had won another fight and she was mostly unscathed. She always won our fights. She sighed, "Look Luna we're best friends, why do we always have to fight? I don't get you sometimes," she said giving me her hand. I took it.

I got up and looked at myself. I was covered in cuts and bruises and I looked horrible and bloody. My shorts and white shirt were all ripped up and torn. I couldn't even remember the reason we were fighting. I was always picking fights with Sasha. "Why can't you go easy on me sometimes?" I asked her through my hoarse voice. She laughed, "Cause you always try and punch too hard. How much times I have to tell you to go for the throat or eyes, somewhere vulnerable,"

"Why'd you want me to punch you in your throat?" I asked her as she helped me shuffle over to Alyssa. "Cause I'd do it to you," she replied. I laughed. We really had a messed up relationship. We were always getting into these vicious and brutal fights and I always got beat up. I was too wild and out of control. I would throw punches and kicks everywhere trying to hit her while she was much more balanced and well, delicate. She was like a killer ballerina, and she never held back on me and surprisingly that was the glue that held our friendship together.

Alyssa was already running to us. Together we were all like a little gang that went around terrorizing the neighbourhood, well not really. Me and Sasha's fights got really bad sometimes, especially in the night and as we grew we would fight over everything. Everything we disagreed over (and we disagreed over a lot of stuff!) we would fight over. Most people never thought our relationship was healthy, but I liked fighting my anger out, even if I did get beat up. I guess the thought of being able to beat her up one day kept me going.

"I can't believe you guys did that again. You want Millie to call the police again!" She yelled. Millie was the self elected 'Mayor' of our little gated community. All the kids hated her. You were kicking a ball against a fence, it's a problem. You're shouting and screaming while you playing outside with friends, it's a problem. You're skate board left marks on the street, it's a problem. Even just fighting when you're angry, it was a problem. She called the police on a group of 14-year-olds and told them that we were trouble makers and needed to be sent to jail!

Luckily the police officer was smart and stuck up for us and told her to stop wasting his time. 'Kids will be kids,' is what he said.

"Millie can go suck an egg," I told Alyssa. She giggled. Out of all of us, Alyssa was the goodie two-shoes who never did anything bad. We all stopped and talked for a bit before Alyssa went home and Sasha carried me home. We said our goodbyes and as soon as she was out of sight, I crawled upstairs and collapsed on the bed. Everywhere hurt. It was not the worst beating I had got from her but one of the worst.