Daddy's Little Boy

"Ohh you're Daddy's little boy aren't ya. You cute little thing," Daddy said as he pinched my cheeks.

I nodded my head really fast, "Yes I am! When are we going to work again Daddy?" I asked impatiently.

"Soon my little bug, soon,"

I frowned a little, but at least he had said soon instead of later like he usually did. I LOVED going to work with Daddy! It was always so much fun. We would go hunting. He would teach me how to hunt. Since I was four he said he would teach me because he said that I was a big boy from then. I'm six now and I always have fun.

I only messed up once and one of our prey caught me and tried to hurt me, but Daddy took care of it. And I was alright! He just doesn't let me go out as much anymore... But that never stopped me from wanting to go out and hunt again.

You could just imagine how much my eyes lit up when he turned to me and said, "You know what son, how 'bout now?"

I was so excited I could only nod my head so hard it almost fell off! Daddy's smile grew bigger and he told me to go change into my hunting clothes. I was so excited that it only took me five seconds to change into my hunting clothes. When we walked outside to the hunting ground Daddy told me something. He told me that we couldn't go hunting that often because Daddy had to go and capture the game before we released it for the hunt. I don't know why Daddy calls the prey 'game'. Hunting isn't a game! It's serious, and that's why I feel so happy to do it. Even though I never really understood what he was saying I loved Daddy even more for trying to explain it to me.

Daddy says I'm very lucky because all the other little boys don't get to go hunting. We walked to the pen that the prey was kept in. "There she is!" Daddy said proudly. I looked at our prey. She looked like all the rest of them but I couldn't really tell her emotion. Daddy said that she was sad.

"Can I name this one Daddy?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course you can little man," he replied.

Daddy saw how sad he made me he whispered in my ear, "I mean big boy," and I smiled. I looked at the prey and when I pointed at her, she got scared and moved away from me. But I still named her, "Let's name her Lori!" I said. Daddy only shook his head and said that the prey were animals so we couldn't give them human names.

I tried Kayla, Lenny, Jodie but Daddy only liked the name when I called her Buster. So the name was settled, Buster, even though it sounded like a boy name. Daddy told me to stand back and I did. I watched in awesomeness as Daddy went to get the prey ready. She tried to move away from him but Daddy was too fast and the pen was too small. He grabbed her and hugged her tight. He said this scared them so they ran faster. I don't get why she would be scared. There's nothing I loved more than when Daddy gave me hugs. "Now son!" He shouted at me. I ran too the side of the pen and pressed the big red button that opened the pen. He let go of Buster and she ran off into the woods as fast as she could. I grabbed my gun Daddy called a ripple and was about to run after her when Daddy stopped me. "Remember what I told you, give them a few seconds before you chase them, it's only fair."

I crossed my arms and pouted my lips and looked hard put the ground. The ripple hung from my neck and I knew what was coming next. Daddy patted my head and I couldn't help but smile. "You know we always catch them anyways,". And with that, we marched on forward.

When we were in the woods I was so excited I started jumping up and down and Daddy had to make sure I was quiet and still as we approached the prey. Suddenly Daddy put his hand in front of my chest to stop me from moving. He pointed at Buster a few miles away from us, she was eating some berries. She must of been hungry. Daddy put his finger to his lips and nodded his head at me.