Eyes Wide Shut

Once upon a time, in the distant world we once knew as the 80s, there was a dress maker's factory. There were several people who worked there, included a woman named Debra McDonald.

Debra was the CEO of the company and a very talented tailor. She was always coming up with new designs and patterns that the company could sell. But she was a queer woman who enjoyed nothing more than her personal space.

So she had a small room built in the back of the building with a huge, hand-made sewing machine she would use to make her patterns. Rumor has it she used to make exotic dresses for the queen and even carpets back there. But one things for sure, she would stay up there all hours of night sewing.

One day, Debra was working late like she usually did. She was in her special room with her specially made sewing machine when she heard a noise. It startled her until she realized her spool had simply fallen from its place.

She bent down under the table to pick it up. When she picked it up, as she was getting back up she hit her head on the underside of the table. This caused her to press down on the pedal that started the sewing machine.

Her hand, which was the still holding onto the fabric was somehow caught in the needle and impaled. This caused the machine to jam and get stuck and she was unable to free herself and was left alone to scream for help.

Unfortunately, it was a long weekend and it was the afternoon of the next Tuesday when she was found. Eventually, it was discovered that all of Debra's family was deceased and no distant relatives wanted the body. She wasn't even religious so she was eventually just buried on the property.

The company had a sour reputation after that and was eventually closed. A few years later, in our more recognizable era of the 2000s, a new clothing store was opened on the large property. The old building was forgotten about and wasn't even torn down.

Eventually, during the summer a new intern decided to get a job there. Her name was Marcy. She was in need of some extra cash and was easily accepted into the job because of her qualifications.

But, unfortunately, she quickly found out that her new boss, was mean, unfair, unkind and an all around horrible person. Forcing her and all her co-workers to work 12 hour shift with minimal wages and an extra hour if they came late.

She began to despise her new job but as she needed the money and her co-workers weren't that bad she decided to stay till the end of the month. One day she had had enough though. Her boss had decided to with hold everyone's pay-check till next month because they had been celebrating Marcy's birthday.

As Marcy was an outstanding person and everyone liked her, they jumped at the opportunity to celebrate her birthday. When the boss found about their 'party' (which consisted of a bottle of soda, a cupcake for Marcy and a bunch of people talking on their break), he refused to give Marcy her paycheck along with everyone else.

Marcy had had enough and told him that she was leaving tomorrow and if she didn't get her paycheck she was taking the matter to court. Everyone stood dumbfounded looking at her loud and incredible outburst.

After a few seconds Marcy flipped off her former, now red-faced, boss and stormed out of the building. Just then she heard a noise. She couldn't really tell what it was, but it felt like a whisper, beckoning her to follow it.

She followed it past her workplace, past the parking lot and into a deep forest trail that ended where the old building stood.

The old building gave Marcy a bad vibe and she never wanted to go in there, but there seemed some sort of importance in there. She just felt that whatever was calling her needed help. So she swallowed her fear and ventured inside.