Chapter 62

[Zayn POV]

I can't believe Louis went and got himself shot, like seriously the kid is crazy but I love him. In such a short time I have fallen for him and almost lost him. I appreciate what he and Harry did to save us but they could have waited for the police; maybe if they had he wouldn't have been shot and we wouldn't be in hospital right now. Niall is ok which is a good as he was kept captive the longest but I'm still worried about Lou; he was shot for god's sake!

"Louis, baby. I don't know if you can hear me but you need to wake up mate. I know the doctors said you were ok but I'm not going to believe it until I see it with my own eyes. Please wake up, I want to hold you in my arms and lay in the comforts of your own bed with you. You need to wake up soon ok, promise me!" I waited for a sign, anything that would indicate he was waking up but there was nothing.

I sat by the side of Louis' bed all night. There were times when I drifted in and out of consciousness but I never slept for too long scared that I wouldn't be awake when he woke up. Eventually at about 5am I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to go get myself a coffee from the cafeteria. When I arrived there I found Liam, Niall and Harry all sat around a table all looking very sleepy.

"Alright boys, I didn't know you were still here!" I said rather shocked that they were still here; I thought they would have come home.

"We wanted to be here for you when Louis woke up." Liam explained simply for all of them.

I nodded my head and made my way over to the coffee stand quietly. I quickly made myself a cuppa and then re-joined the boys at the table. Niall was leaning on Harry's arm basically asleep while Liam and Harry engaged in small conversation. I took my seat and listened to them ramble on about nothing interesting while sipping my coffee.

"So no progress then?" Harry asked with a sad smile.

"No not yet, the doctors came in and checked everything earlier on tonight but they said they still don't know when he'll wake up." I explained with tears in my eyes; I've been trying to stay strong all night but now in front of my friends and the people who care about me the most I can't do it anymore.

"Oh Zayn don't cry mate. I promise you I'm sure he will wake up any time now. Come on why don't we go back to his room just encase he does." Liam said jumping up and wrapping me in his arms.

I hugged him back tightly while Harry stood carrying Niall in his arms bridal style. We walked slowly down the halls of the hospital back toward Louis' room. When we reached the room I sat back in the chair and took his hand in mine. The other boys all found a place on the floor and made themselves as comfortable as possible.

"Guys you don't have to stay. Louis will understand, just go home." I told them

"Are you sure Z?"

"Yes I'm sure. Now Harry you get Niall and take him home. Liam go get some rest. I will be here for when Louis wakes up."

They all got the hint and stood up, after saying quick and quiet goodbyes they were gone out the door leaving me alone once again with Louis. Which in all honesty is what I wanted. I want to be the first person he sees when he wakes up, the first person he talks to, and the first person he feels. I sat down in the chair I had spent most the day in and took Louis' hand in mine. It's now about 6am and I'm starting to feel tired again. I close my eyes still holding onto Louis' hand while letting myself drift back off to sleep.

The next time I woke up I looked at the clock on the wall and it was 8am. I feel a bit more refreshed now which is good. I looked over to the window on the door to see how busy the hospital was getting. I know we are in a private room but as soon as the directioners find out Louis' in hospital we're going to get swamped. I just hope he wakes up soon.

"Are you just going to sit there or are you going to give your man a kiss?" A croaky but familiar voice spoke next to me.

I turned my head quickly to see Louis sitting up in bed, eyes wide sipping on a glass of water. He looked so much better than he had done just three hours ago. I jumped up from my chair and leapt into his arms being careful not to knock his shoulder where he had been shot.

"Oh my god. Lou you're awake. When did you wake up?"

"About an hour ago, I pressed the nurse's button because I didn't want to wake you up and I needed some water." he explained.

"You're such an idiot; I wouldn't have cared if you woke me up. I've been so worried about you. How's your shoulder feel?"

"It's sore but I had pain meds earlier and it's feeling a bit better. They said I can leave once they've changed the gaze on it and as long as I can keep it clean."

"That's great. Do you want me to get you a cup of Tea?"

"You know what; I'd love one." He replied and I got up to go make it when he stopped me. "But first I want a kiss."

Louis grabbed my face in his hand and brought my lips to his. I could tell it hurt him a little to kiss me with the small cuts he had from obviously fighting with the capturers but that didn't stop him. Louis moved his lips against mine hungrily trying to bring me in even more but I had to protest. I couldn't get turned on right now and not to mention Louis is still injured. I pulled back only to see Louis pout like a child.

"I'm sorry boo, but you're still hurt and if I continue I won't be able to resist. Let me go get your tea, I bet you're gasping!" I said with a small smile.

"Ok." He sighed waving me out the door.

I exited out the door and made my way back up to the cafeteria with the biggest smile on my face. My boo is awake and looking much better than he did this morning, thank the lord!