Chapter 11

After a nice meal with Louis I had him drop me home after I told him I would be meeting Niall here. I must admit I am so nervous. I'm not even sure what I'm going to tell him. Obviously I have to have a reason for being a bit off with him, but can I honestly tell him it's because we nearly kissed the other night?

I slipped my shoes off by the front door and carried my suitcase from yesterday upstairs. I can't be bothered to unpack it yet but at least if it's upstairs it's out the way. Seeing as I was in my room I decided I would get into some more comfortable clothes. I pulled off my skinny jeans and put on some grey sweats leaving my shirt on from earlier. I'd just got comfy when I heard the doorbell ring. Guess Niall's here!

I closed my bedroom door and jogged downstairs; taking a deep breath I opened the front door to see a gorgeous looking Niall standing there with a not so happy look on his face. It makes me feel bad that it's my fault he's not happy, I hate seeing him unhappy but I don't know how I'm supposed to get over this. I could always do as Louis said and try to suss him out but I have no clue how to do that.

"Hey" I greeted stepping to the side so Niall could walk in

"Hi" he smiled and walked passed me.

I closed the door behind him and followed Niall through to the kitchen. Niall took a seat on the side as I made my way over and flipped on the kettle. I am trying to act as normal as possible as I don't want to make things more awkward than they already are but it doesn't seem to be working.

"Soo"

"Soo" Niall repeated obviously feeling the tension.

I took in another deep breath and released it trying to relax myself. I need to tell Niall were cool. I can't tell him about the kiss but at least if I say I haven't been feeling well or something like that then maybe things will go back to normal.

"Look Ni I'm sorry if you thought something was up or that you'd done something wrong but honestly everything is fine. I've just not been feeling myself lately" I explained

"Are you sure? You've been acting very strange, especially around me and I just can't help but feel like I've done something to upset you"

"Honestly Ni, were cool. Everything's fine, stop worrying" I told him again and walked over to where he was sitting on the side.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me. My body exploded at this point with so many feelings and emotions but I ignored them all and continued to hug the small boy on the kitchen side. Niall pushed his face into my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him.

"You promise. I don't know what I'd do if things were weird between us" Niall spoke into my ear

"I promise Ni. Nothings weird and I won't ever let it be" I sighed knowing exactly what that meant; I'm never going to be able to tell him how I feel now.

I let go of my grip on Niall and made my way over to the now boiled kettle to pour us both a drink. I made Niall coffee and myself a Tea, hanging around with Louis so much he's got me drinking so much Tea. I placed Niall's coffee in his hands and picked mine up taking a quick sip being careful not to burn myself.

"So is that the only reason you came over or did you miss me already?" I asked Niall taking Louis' advice and trying to be a bit more confident.

"I did miss you a little bit" Niall chuckled and poked me in the chest

I laughed and gestured for him to follow me through to the living room. Niall hopped down off the side and followed me through taking a seat next to me on the couch. I picked up the remote and flicked through the channels until I found something we'd both enjoy. I settled on cartoons as it had been a while since I could sit down and actually enjoy some cartoons and I knew Niall liked them too.

I pulled my feet up onto the couch and tucked them comfortably under my bum as Niall lifted his feet and placed them on my lap. I rested my hands on his shins with my cup of Tea still in them. I like that we can sit like this and be comfortable with each other even though my heart aches for him.

We sat quietly watching endless cartoons for about an hour. My mind of course wouldn't settle and all I could think about is how much better this would be if Niall was my boyfriend and I could kiss and cuddle him. Wishful thinking really because that is never going to happen. I pulled my phone out my pocket slyly and texted Louis.

To Louis

Everything with me and Niall is cool. But I'm sitting here with his legs over my lap and I just want to touch him. What am I going to do?

I kept my phone in my hand and made sure it was on silent so Niall wouldn't know I was texting anyone. A couple seconds later my phone vibrated in my hand. I opened it up read the message to myself.

From Louis

I'm glad you guys are cool. And Haz you need to stop worrying and over thinking everything. I just rest you hands on his legs, touch him but subtly. You never know if he doesn't move away maybe try something a little more and test you limits. Just stop worrying about everything. If we can't get Niall to realise how awesome you are then I'm sure we could find you a nice girl or boy elsewhere. Speak to you tomorrow x

Listening to Louis I rested my hands back on Niall's legs and used my free hand to change the channel. I put on a random movie that was playing on the film channels and the set the remote back down. On the sly I then moved one of my hands up to Niall's knee and rubbed circles with my thumb. He didn't seem to flinch or move away so I'm guessing that's a good sign.

"What we watching?" he asked

"Erm it is George of the Jungle" I laughed realising what I had put on.

We both laughed at each other and at the old film we both remembered from when we were younger. Once we finished laughing we both settled back down and continued watching the film in silence. I kept my hands rested on his knee and continued rubbing circles with my thumb. The whole way through the film Niall didn't once move or flinch away from me so I defiantly took it as a good sign.

When the film finished I said goodbye to Niall and saw him out. It was a little late and I was still tired from the holiday and all my mixed emotions so I headed upstairs and back to bed. Hoping tonight I would get a better night's sleep.