Chapter Twenty

Unedited.

"Is this weird?" Anne asked. Sophie, no Eliza stared at the girl before her, that had been Wylie only a few minutes ago.

Anne's skin was freckled and pale, with thick red hair spiraling like a fox's tail down his- her back. Sophie wasn't sure how he had extracted red hair and freckles from her own form, but she had to admit. Like all elves Anne was beautiful. With a straight nose, and dark blue eyes, the girl before her looked exactly like a fairy or elf would from the many myths humans had.

In the bathroom mirror, Sophie -Eliza stood the exact height of Anne. But instead she had hair as black as coal, unlike the fiery red head next to her. She had tan skin, with blue eyes nearly twice as dark as Anne's, making them nearly look black, high cheek bones and sleek jet black hair mixed well. "No." Sophie said, but her voice was different, a smooth and flawless tone, in the mirror Eliza shook her head. Though anyone could have heard the lie. "No not at all." She said. Anne smirked, getting a mischief glint in her eyes. "It's weird." Eliza scoffed. "Yeah." They both looked old enough to be fresh out of Foxfire.

Stepping out of the bathroom Anne spoke. "So how does this work with us-" she cut short, staring in the middle of Sophie's room. Sophie turned and had to clamp back a scream. There stood Wylie Endal and Sophie Foster, staring back at them. A moment passed, staring at themselves. Somehow it was like watching the whole thing from third person and first.

She could see Eliza standing tall, and Sophie looking confused, but yet she could see both of them at once. Her vision wasn't split and her mind wasn't warring with itself. Instead it was like switching views on a video game, she could choose to be Sophie or Eliza, or watch them both at once. "Allow me to introduce myself." Anne said stepping forward. "I'm Anne Riley." She said bowing to Wylie who looked to be focusing on controlling both his identities. "I'm Wylie." He said smiling at himself. Sandor looked like he was getting a headache.

"So what now?" Sophie asked. She couldn't take her eyes off of Eliza, who was a polyglot. For an ability Sophie chose one she herself was most likely slip up on. Plus if she chose any of her others she would most likely be found out. "It's almost like cloning ourselves into somebody else." Wylie said. It was confusing but it made sense.

"So what do we do?" Eliza asked. "Can we just send ourselves to live in Atlantis like room mates or something?" Sophie asked. "I prefer Eternalia." Wylie said, as Anne ate the ruckleberry he had saved. Sophie watched curiously, wondering what would happen.

Quickly the red hair turned black, the freckled skin cleared and turned darker. Sophie's own head was starting to hurt. "Uuuummmm...." Wylie said as he stared at himself. "This is confusing, I don't get it." Sophie said. Two Wylies now stood in her room, with one Sophie Foster and one Eliza Minter."

"Let's sit down and talk this out." Said the second Wylie. Even Sandor sat. "Alright, let's take a logical look at this. Anne" Wylie said turning to himself. "You are a figment of my imagination brought to life. Should you die, only you would die." He said. "If you were given a ruckleberry, you would reveal who I am. Giving me away, however." Wylie said looking troubled. He started talking about technicalities, strategies, and he used big words, Sophie was having trouble keeping up, but once he finished she spoke. "So, let me see if I got this." Her head was really starting to hurt. "Eliza is kinda just like an extension of my mind?" She asked. The real Wylie nodded. "In a nutshell, yes." Sandor rubbed his temples. "So I only have to keep track of this Sophie." He pointed to the real Sophie. Wylie nodded again.

"Yes, consider Eliza a rope that leads to Sophie, should anything happen to Eliza, Sophie would only feel it mildly." Wylie said. "So what do I do with this rope?" Sophie asked. Eliza nodded, "Yeah, we won't need these identities until later." It was a little unnerving to see Eliza speaking exactly what Sophie was thinking. "I suggest sending us to Eternalia, to try and see if we can root out any Neverseen spies." Said clone Wylie. "I agree." Sandor said. "It seems the best course of action." He said. "Well what about our registry pendants?" Sophie asked. Wylie frowned. "That's what I don't understand. It's like our own registry pendents have been duplicated, but theirs." Wylie pointed at his clone and Eliza. "Don't have a signal unless we want them too."