Chapter 31- The amulet

3rd person P.O.V:

Emmalyn led everyone down the hallway and towards a door under the stairs. Everyone looked at one another in confusion. She looked around before quickly leaning towards the lock. There was a sudden beeping noise and the door opened. "Follow me, quickly now" she said as she rushed down the steps revealing an underground library with a box resting on a pillar covered by a dusty white sheet. Once everyone was securely in the library she cautiously walked towards the box.

With a pinch of her fingers and a flick of her wrist the dusty sheet lay on the floor revealing a glass box with a necklace within it. "Is that..." Laurence began
"The amulet?... yes, it is..." Emmalyn interrupted.
"Why does Zane want it so badly?" Emmalyn's eyes shot open at Garroths enquiry.
"Well why wouldn't he? That's got Irene's power source built into it, she created it for safe keepings" Emmalyn said knowingly

"Then how did you get your hands on it?" Aaron asked and Emmalyn hastily replied "I'm a bit of a collector, I was walking through the woods one day, minding my own business when all of a sudden there was this glow, I went to investigate but by the time I got there all there was left to be shown was this little accessory. I've spent many months researching it and found out it had Irene's powers built into it. A descendant of Irene could access this and gain control of the powers" she said excitingly.

"Okay... so how does any of this link to Aphmau and her kidnapping?..." Laurence quickly asked.
"I'm so glad you asked because..." Emmalyn began before taking a deep breath and continuing "I have no idea... but maybe it could help you find her?... I don't know" she shrugged and opened the glass box before gently taking the amulet out of it. "Here" Emmalyn said whilst passing the amulet to Katelyn. "Go find Aphmau. Text me anything you find out about Irene! And let me know when you find her."

Katelyn smiled sadly and nodded "of course Emmalyn. Thank you for this. We'll see you round"

Zane's P.O.V:

I stared through the one way glass at Aph as she was interrogated for the 3rd time today and groaned. She wasn't even close to breaking through. I looked away and shut my eyes tight at the sound of the bat hitting her skull and her blood-curdling screams being set free. Was this really worth it?

Was this really worth it?

A few moments after Sasha came out of the room with Aphmau and placed her bat on the table. She sat down and took off her bloody gloves. Whilst she did so she made small talk. "Hey boss. How's things?"

I ignored her conversation starter. "Have you fed Sylvana today yet?" I asked, more concerned about the sharpening of my blade than the comfort of my partners. Sasha threw her head back and groaned "why do we need her alive again? We have Aphmau! And Sylvana should already be dead! What's the poin-" I quickly stood and held Sasha by her neck, lifting her ever so gently into the air "the point is that we JUST want the amulet. Kidnapping is enough damage to our public records. As soon as we get our hands on that amulet. EVERYTHING will CHANGE." I glared at Sasha before continuing. "Are we clear?"
Sasha quickly and fearfully nodded "crystal" she replied with a splutter due to the fact of her being choked. I quickly let go and as Sasha dropped to her knees holding her neck and gasping for air Zenix and Gene appeared.

"Now..." I said calmly whilst sitting back in my chair and beginning to sharpen the dagger in my right pocket. "Go feed Sylvana"

Soon enough all three of them had raced over to Sylvanas room. I sighed expressively and closed my eyes. 'Maybe this had been taken a little too far... but it was too late to fall back now, this time nothing would get in my way, not even Irene herself could stop this.'

This was it. Either get the amulet and gain the power of all the amulets or open the portal and gain access to Irene herself.

I looked down at the shard in my hand. Just 3 little words would have Aph and Sylvana both sent away without any traces of them to be found. I just need that amulet...

(Hey guys, I hope you enjoy the cliffhanger! If you liked this chapter leave a comment and give it a rate. Seeya round!)
word count: 747