Chapter 24: Backstabbing

Aphmau's P.O.V:

I woke up a couple minutes ago and for once I actually had some rest, maybe being single again has just given me relief... Honestly, I don't think I ever really liked Garroth, he's sweet and all but I never really liked him in the way I liked Laurence and Aaron... (A/N SO NOT TRUE I HAVE SO MUCH FAN ART OF HER AND GARROTH! XD) Maybe things will be a little easier now... Jeez, I have too much on my mind haha

"What are you smirking at?" I freeze and stare at my door to see Laurence leaning on my door frame. How long was he there for?! I hope I didn't say any of that outloud... "Aph, every word you just said you have said outloud. You really have no barrier haha" Laurence walks over to me from the door frame and wraps his arms around my waist, I begin to blush. "You look great today, as if you got some good, well deserved rest" He smiles at me and I feel as if butterflies are flying in my stomach and my heart is leaping for joy. I can't contain myself, I push myself onto my tip toes, wrap my arms around his neck and soon enough our lips came together in yet another tender kiss. He seemed shocked at first but then I felt him smile through the kiss which made my heart flutter. I suddenly feel his warm hands under my thighs as he picked me up, he's so strong and so caring... I think...

I think I love him...

He gently put me down and as soon as my feet touched the ground the kiss ended. We stood there hugging for a while and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way... I feel him kiss the top of my head and I just sigh happily. Laurence makes me happy, he makes me feel relieved. Maybe he's the one? I pull apart from Laurence and smile to see him staring into my eyes as if he was a child begging for a cuddle from its parent "I need to go have a shower, I stink" He snickers and sits on my bed "Haha, fine. You go have a shower, I'm leaving you something here though, okay?" I nod happily and go towards the bathroom

"Garroth! Do you need to use the bathroom?" I yell from the bathroom door as the door suddenly opens to a nearly naked Garroth who only had a blue towel around his waist "Nar, I'm good. You go on in" I look down to the ground and walk past him. I seriously need to get use to that... I close the door behind me and get undressed. Wait! Dammit... I forgot my robes... I throw a towel around myself and open the door to get the shock of a lifetime, Laurence is standing there, in shock, I trip and fall and with me, falls Laurence.

Garroth's P.O.V:

What was that loud noise?! I rush out of my room to see Aphmau with only a towel around her on top of Laurence who was only in trousers "OH MY IRENE!" They both look at me shocked, startled but mainly, scared. I mumble to myself and go back into my room. I broke up with Aphmau a day ago and Laurence is already making moves on her?! Some friend he is... I lie on my bed and close my eyes, forget about them. They're not worth it...

Laurence's P.O.V:

OH MY IRENE, I HAVE A BASICALLY NAKED APHMAU LYING ON TOP OF ME. WHAT IN IRENE'S NAME JUST HAPPENED?! Okay... Okay calm down Laurence... You're blushing so much you look like a tomato! "Um... A-are you... O-okay... Aph?" She stares at me and nods "Yeah, I... I think so..." Well that's one less thing to worry about."C-can you stand...?" She smiles at me "I... I'll try heh" I feel her slowly push herself off of me and I didn't like the idea of it. I gently hold her waist and pull her closer "L-Laurence...?" I smirk and push her hair out of her face before trailing my hand down to her chin and holding it in place whilst I kissed her, I felt her smile through my kiss before kissing back and then we both slowly pulled apart.

Aphmau's P.O.V:

I cannot believe Laurence just did that oh my Irene haha I can't help but giggle he's as red as a Dr Pepper can! "You just had to, didn't you?" He smirks "Yup! Haha, anyway... The real reason I was stood outside the bathroom apart from getting a kiss" He winks and I smile "Was to give you you're robe, I thought you might have needed it" I smirk "Well, it saves me the journey haha. Believe it or not, that's what I was actually heading for. Thank you Laurence" I kiss him on the cheek and stand up, he smiles and gets up too before placing his hand on the back of his neck with his eyes closed. He looks embarrassed yet shy. How adorable! "Well, heh... I'm gonna head on in" He nods his head and rushes back into my room.

I walk back into the bathroom, being careful to close and lock the door behind me, and step into the shower before feeling the luke-warm water trickle down my body, it was so calming. I reached out for my body wash and use the very last bit of it, now I definitely need to buy some more. I rub it into my skin and rinse the bubbles off with the water before sighing with relief. It was such a nice feeling. I reach out for my shampoo and quickly wash my hair before doing the same process but with conditioner.

Within 30 minutes I was out of the shower, dressed in my lilac robe and drying my hair with a hair dryer. Once my hair had fully dried I brushed my teeth and checked my phone for the time. Oh my Irene I've been in here for an hour! I quickly rinse my mouth and walk out of the bathroom feeling fresh and somewhat happy. I walk into my bedroom to find a note stuck on my open window with tape, I smile and take it off. Is this really from Laure- Wait a second... This handwriting...

"Aphmau,

May I send my greatest condolences at the loss of your mother. Her funeral will be on 27th July in the village Pheonix Drop's Church at 7:45 PM. Apologies if you received this note quite late. I hope to see you there. May Enki bless you"

W-what... My mother... D-dead?... Laurence walks into the room and stares at me sadly "Aph... What's wrong... You're crying" I'm crying?! I didn't even realise... I'm honestly not sure if that's a good or bad thing... "Laurence..." He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, gently pulling me closer to him... I rest my head on his shoulder and take a deep breath. I can't believe the words I'm about to say...

"My mother's dead..."

I feel Laurence's grip tighten, he must be shocked "S-Sylvanna... Dead?..." He takes a hand off my waist and cautiously wraps his arm around my neck as if I was a fragile china pot. I smile slightly through the tears and hold him close to me... I can't believe all of this...