Chapter 10: Guilty Garroth

Aphmau's P.O.V:

Soon enough we arrived home to a FURIOUS Garroth... "OH MY IRENE YOUR HOME! I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU BOTH! THANK IRENE YOUR SAFE! BOTH OF YOU TO YOUR ROOMS... NOW!" Garroth screamed. He was really, REALLY mad!

 I quickly ran to my room. I haven't been scared like that since... Well, since my abusive father tried to kill me. Luckily he was put in prison with a life sentence but, that was really scary... I jumped into my bed and threw the covers over me just like I did as a child. The scars were still on my body. No one ever noticed them though because of my amazing make-up skills. I don't want to go into too much detail. This is all so surreal. Everything that has happened to me recently has just been so strange. Moving out of Pheonix Drop, living with Garroth and Laurence, kissing guys and making crushes, gaining old memories, crying in my room... Dammit... I'm crying in my room. I hate my father... I suddenly felt something warm slip under the cover/den I made in my bed and I turn a flashlight on and face it towards the figure I vaguely see under the dark covers to see a guilt-ridden Garroth staring at me sadly "Aphmau... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. I was very concerned for your's and Laurence's safety. I let my emotions take over which was very selfish of me. Can you forgive me?" He said in a low, apologetic tone. I slightly smiled as he removed the tears from my cheeks with his thumb and embraced me. "You know I love you Aphmau, there's no point in hiding a fact. You also know Laurence likes you too. I don't mind whom you end up with. All I care about is your happiness... Seeing you like this, because of my actions... That doesn't make me feel good. So I hope you can forgive me for making you feel so bad as to hide in your bed and cry." With the way he put it, I sounded like a little baby crying at a stupid shadow or something! He looked adorable though and he told me he loved me... Straight up... I didn't know how to reply. He leaned in and gently kissed me and just as he pulled away, for a slight second, I kissed back... Whether he realised or not, I did. 

Garroth's P.O.V: 

Did she... Did she kiss me back when I pulled away? Does... Does this mean that... She returns those feelings towards me?... I smile, I'm glad she forgives me. Laurence is use to it so I don't have to apologise to him. He's adjusted to it and now instead of fear, he just laughs in my face and walks casually to his room. I wish I could do that when someone yelled at me instead of loosing my temper! Laurence is hot-headed too! I use to ship him so badly with Katelyn because of that trait too! Shame really. If he had gotten with Katelyn I wouldn't have to struggle for Aphmau, there'd be no competition... Well, apart from Travis and Aaron... There'd be no competition... Gah! Nevermind. At least I got a kiss. I head to bed and almost instantly fall asleep...

Aphmau's P.O.V:

It sounds like everyone is asleep. I can't sleep though, not even if I wanted too... I'm shaking too much... I know Garroth didn't mean to frighten me but unfortunately, he did. I fix my cover to make it a normal bed again instead of a den and stare at the ceiling... How do you sleep when your just too tired to fall asleep? I sing a song quietly to myself... (Play song ^^) 

A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven

I don't wanna waste the weekend
If you don't love me pretend
A few more hours then it's time to go

As my train rolls down the east coast I wonder how you keep warm
It's too late to cry
Too broken to move on

And still I can't let you be
Most nights I hardly sleep
Don't take what you don't need from me

It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven

Misplaced trust in old friends
Never counting regrets
By the grace of God I do not rest at all

And New England as the leaves change
The last excuse that I'll claim
I was a boy who loved a woman like a little girl

And still I can't let you be
Most nights I hardly sleep
Don't take what you don't need from me

It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my...

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore
No, no
Heaven doesn't seem far away

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore
No, no
Heaven doesn't seem far away
Oh, oh

I can't sleep. Another restless night for me then, I guess. I hope Irene lets me get some rest tonight. At least 4 hours so Garroth and Laurence don't worry about me... 

Laurence's P.O.V:

I wake up and go towards the kitchen to make myself a drink and on my way there I heared Aphmau singing very, very quietly to herself. If Garroth can't hear that he must be death since his room is right next to Aphmau's. I stand outside the door and listen. After she stops I hear her sigh and everything goes silent. 'I pray to you Lady Irene. Let Aphmau rest and become happier. She has had it hard recently... She's had a few restless nights... please Irene. Help her...' After praying for Aphmau, I head back to my room and force myself to sleep... 'please be happy, my love'