Chapter 48 : An official 'date'

Amanda's Pov

"I'm sorry I took so much of your time. You can continue your meeting. I'll leave for the time being. See you", I smiled from ear to ear.

He grabbed me by my wrists and pushed me towards him. My back touched his chest. He curled his hands around my stomach. His lips touched my ear lobe. He whispered slowly in my ears "You don't have to leave. Stay"

"You have a meeting, right?" I turned around, titled my chin to look towards him and placed my hands on his muscular torso. He smiled showing off his dimples on the either side of his cheeks. "And stop distracting me with your dimples", I continued.

He arched his brows. I bit my lower lip to avoid the intimacy in the situation. Everything around seemed slow, whenever he was around. My jaws hurt from smiling excessively. They say that cherry is the reward for the birthday girl/boy, because it's only one and specifically reserved. It seemed like he was that cherry in my life.

The emotions I encountered were different, very different. Maybe, because, he reciprocated them too, and this moment felt like everything I ever craved for since months, since years. "The cake was delicious"

He pulled me closer, I curled my hands around his neck and replied "Your l-li", he stammered. I exactly knew he meant to say that 'Your lips are more delicious', it was just the words because of which his tongue was struggling. I didn't expect him to go 0 to 10 real quick too.

His hands travelled through my back, creating a sensation in my body which made every ounce of my nerve to shiver. I wasn't scared. The worst thing about being happy is that you have no clue that how long will it last. I pulled away when the thought of James came across my mind. I didn't intend to speak about it with him yet because I knew that he'll grab me by my wrist and lock me in his mansion again.

"What's wrong?" he inquired.

"I-um- sorry... Nothing really", I assured.

"Do you want to hangout, for like coffee?" he arched his brows.

I pushed him close to me, through his collars "So I assume it's a date, isn't it?"

He chuckled knowing the fact that I was tricking him to say the actual word. He thought for a while and continued "I love your assumptions and I believe in them", his fingers side-parted the hair which rested on my forehead.

"Coming to the point again, a lot many people are waiting for you outside this conference room", I interrupted our little moment and brought ourselves back to reality. He removed his phone, dialed some number, allowed me to take a seat and took one next to me. I didn't know who he called, so I just waited for that person to arrive.

After minutes, the door reopened again. Dan marched in, along with Sonia. "I want you to go to each delegate and apologize to them for the delay. And also, convey the message that the same meeting will be continued tomorrow", Dan looked at us, grinned when he and Sonia made an eye contact with each other, replied an 'okay' and left the hall.

I knew that this story would be viral everywhere, especially in my group because I was very sure that Sonia would try to communicate with Francis and Gina as soon as she leaved this place. After gathering my hair into a ponytail, I examined him through cornered eyes. He was already watching me.

"My meeting can wait, and also anyone who comes in between", he winked. This man sure knew how to do romance. Every time, I thought that I knew him, this man came with a total different personality. After every consequent day, I'd unleash his new personality, and to be honest I was enjoying it.

I uplifted myself from my seat and waited for him to do the same. He matched steps with mine, as he buttoned his blazer from between. A shiver ran down my spine, when he laced his fingers with mine. I gasped as I moved my face towards his direction. I looked at our intertwined hands, and blushed.