Chapter 1 : Start

(This book may have errors, I'll rewrite slash correct the typos someday. Vote and Comment on the chapters. That small gesture really makes my day)

AMANDA'S POV

Looking at my reflection in the mirror I practiced my resume as I had to say it aloud in my interview. I tucked my baby blonde hair-strands behind my ears which rested on my forehead.

I slapped myself with the entirety of paper which held all details about me, including my extra-curricular and academic status.

"Focus Amanda, FOCUS!" I looked straight in my hazel colored eyes.

After hair wash, I used the hairdryer against my hair as I had no time to let them dry naturally, I was already running short of time. I preferred less usage of a hairdryer as I read an article over the internet that frequent usage of such kind of appliances causes hair to fall as a result of making them extremely weak.

I decided to keep my look simple and decent, use less makeup, and keep things natural. I didn't want to showcase myself as a plastic hoe on the very first day of work.

"Aren't you late Ammie?" I could hear the voice coming towards me in a climaxed manner, increasing from low to high pitched, gradually. Of course, it was Mommy giving me a tardy reminder. Like other moms, my mom has this habit of increasing half hour of the usual time for example if the clock stroke 6, she'll shout "Baby, wake up it's 6:30!". I was familiar with this habit of hers so I resorted back to the original time by deducting 30 minutes from it.

One of my reasons to get paid after getting this job was to be a helping hand to Mom and provide her monetary support resulting in the deduction of her mental stress.

Mom's brown hair was tied in a messy bun, accompanying a loose, floral, knee-length dress which happened to be a bit too loose; that two women of the same body shape could fit in it! She carried bread and butter in one hand whilst her other hand was occupying a banana milkshake.

"Mom, did my friends call you?", I questioned, thinking about Gina and Francis as I stuffed all the bread into my mouth at once and sipped the milkshake hurriedly to digest the pieces of bread. Mom watched me with cornered eyes and I knew that now I was going to be roasted.

"I have no idea, not since they dropped you home from college", mom answered whilst putting all the necessary documents and belongings of mine in my hand-bag which I had to carry along with me as she was aware of my clumsy and irresponsible behavior.

"So I'm basically surrounded with two assholes who aren't even interested in wishing me luck? I hate them so much", I expected a small wish from them as it's a natural tendency of humans to expect from the people they love. I've been with these two best friends of mine ever since I joined the school.

Mom left the room after hugging me since she had her office hours and had waited long enough wishing me luck and counseling me.

I tied my blonde hair into a high ponytail which complimented my checkered blue shirt and black jeans. I decided to complete my professional look with a pair of black peep-toes which was just an inch high. To be very honest, I wasn't used to balancing myself with extremely high heels. I always wondered how girls in my school balanced themselves like a pro whilst wearing those heels.

I hurriedly took my bag considering that my interview was fixed for 9 AM and it was already 8 AM at my place. I instantly planted my sunglasses in my hand and rushed towards the main door of my house. It did not take much of my time, as my house was not that big. I and my sister's room were upstairs accompanied by the storeroom and mom's room was right next to the kitchen.