Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?

AMANDA'S POV

I pulled over the car at the nearest corner, I saw vehicles around which clearly meant that we were now in some city. I could make that out from the hustle and bustle of people. I went closer to Mr. Reynolds to examine his breathes, Thank God they were normal! A bit slow from usual but was satisfactory enough.

"Hey ! can you instruct me the directions to the nearest hospital ?", I opened the door and asked the local vendor who had a small stall of first copy bags.

"Take a right turn and then keep moving straight. You'll see a big board there, that's your destination. "

"Thanks, Have a good day ",  I greeted him and rushed towards the car. Mr. Reynolds did no move, he rested his head on the seat carelessly. I turned the keys in its hole and started the car. I went as per directions given to me by the man, I took turns carefully avoiding any minor accidents which could cause any mishaps.

Just as my vehicle was coming to a stop, I eased the pressure off my brakes while maintaining the pressure on the clutch to avoid a sudden jerky stop, but to my disturbance, my car didn't stop. I tried pressuring hard on the clutch but there was no result.  I was agitated by the situation as I didn't have Mr. Reynolds by my side.

I kept adjusting the steering as per the vacancy of the road. Within moments we reached the hospital, my car broke through the gate and paved its way by self as people started to run away out of fear. The front glass shattered into pieces, some even rested on my skin which caused small bruises all over the exposed areas of my body including my face. I took a firm grip of the steering ensuring to prevent the car from traveling into some indistinct place.

On twirling my eyeballs I realized that I now came close to the enormously large hospital's gate, there was a huge tree ahead next to it so  I pushed the wheel towards it and as a result, bumped ourselves into it. My head got stuck with the steering, I cornered my eyes to look at Mr. Reynolds,  he was unaffected by the firm grip of the seat belt. I looked at him for a while until my vision blurred and I was surrounded by darkness. 

*************************

"Ouch! It's hurting me ", I slowly opened my eyes and realized that there was a big syringe connected to my arm, acquainted by a pipe which supplied me blood through it. "Oh My God, do I lack blood ?", I questioned myself suddenly gaining consciousness about what happened previously. 

I felt the pressure of the bandages over my skin, almost every place across my forehead and hands. I tried to free myself but the syringe kept me glued on the bed so I decided to deject them from my body at once.

"Where is the man  I was stuck with ?", I realized after gaining consciousness about Mr. Reynolds. I tried plucking out the injection which was fitted deep within my skin but I failed miserably. Various negative thoughts rotated across my mind regarding Mr. Reynolds, the only three words I was interested in hearing at this very moment was 'he is fine'

"How is he  ?", I questioned the nurse who looked away "Goddamn, tell me where the fuck he is?", I loathed re-questioning.

"H-he i-is "

"Stop stammering and clear your tone at this very moment ", I shrieked 

"He's in the ICU, fighting his battle against death ", her tone was slow and low. Her gaze didn't meet mine, she looked around whilst keeping up the conversation "So sorry, I was warned not to speak out your husband's condition to you "

"Can I pay him a visit ", I completely ignored the fact that she just paired us into a couple. All I wanted to do was see him, my mind was completely redirected towards him. A tear rolled through my cheek which made me realize that I was sobbing.