Chapter 24 : The presentation.

AMANDA'S POV

"Please Mr. Reynolds, my eyes and head are in complete agony ", I turned another page of the sale's registrar crosschecking the entry on the laptop.

"Miss Waters your melodrama seems to multiply after every consequent day since you've joined. Maybe you can finish it off as fast as you can because I'm not allowing you to leave the premises before doing the work " he shrugged and continued " I may leave when it's time for me though " 

'The octopus eats itself when stressed, now that's melodramatic ', my sub-conscience wanted to speak up aloud but didn't have the courage to. 

"Dickhead ", I cussed under my breath.

"I heard you, doesn't bother me ", he smirked arching his brow which definitely bothered me.

I extended my lips making it look like a smile which wasn't, to be honest.  I fastened up my speed realizing that half of the work was pending yet. In the meanwhile, Mr. Reynolds attended to phone calls traveling across the cabin. All he did was command, blame, and shout at the people on the other side of the phone in high pitched voice. His voice was displeasing to my ears. 

"What the fuck ?", I heard one of the umpteenth fucks from his side to the person on the other side. He punched the table with all his strength giving it a small crack, I stopped working at once. I sat hushed and forewarned myself about the consequences as I was the teddy he punched when vexed.

"How the fuck did he escape 3 well-trained professionals. I literally warned every single one of you about his fugitive nature. You all are as good as losers. Fuck yourself ", he canceled the phone and threw it on the floor, it broke instinctively.

"I had this intuition. He'll come after us again, this time it's gonna be worse for real ", my eyes widened out of trepidation. This news shook me from inside, I stood upright and took steps backward "I need to go hide, he'll kill me "

I was alarmed when Mr. Reynolds caught me tightly intertwining my fingers with his "You don't know Mr. Reynolds, his smirk was dreadful. ", I pushed him away trying to abscond.

"Chill, take a deep breath. You're strong, okay ?", he caressed my baby hair and pushed them behind my ears gently.

" I am not strong, I'm vulnerable. You don't get it, I failed to save Samarrah, I caused danger to your life, I cause trouble wherever I go ", I face-palmed hiding the tears which were released by now.

"You saved me, you saved your sister. I wish you could've saved me ", he paused and pulled me closer releasing my hands from my face while he cupped his hands on my face. "Stay strong, nothing will happen to you because of James, I assure. He's my enemy, I won't let him harm you just because you're acquainted with me ", he reassured keeping his grip over me.

"I believe in you ", I looked into his dark blue eyes. I pulled myself apart on gaining consciousness about our position. I looked away as I knew that gaining closeness will only result in breaking my fragile heart.

"Go home ", he ordered.

"I'm staying. I won't leave until I complete my work, especially on a sympathy basis. ", I landed my ass on the chair and started where I left off.

"Stay, time for me to leave. Lock my cabin and just so you know I've cameras here. Better don't stalk my personal stuff ", he alerted me whilst leaving. I traced his footsteps with my eyes until they were visible and then concentrated on the work again. I completed it within 3 hours after he left, I looked at my wristwatch.

"Oh my God, its 8' o clock already "', I didn't realize about the time when engrossed in work. I turned down the switches after arranging the registrars carefully. Within half an hour I was home as there wasn't much traffic on the road.